Beverage Package

Cooperpoo

In addition to the normal mixed drinks, you'll also have access to all of the Signature Coffee Drinks on the SBP. They're $6.75 on the menu, with the exception being the Flamed Spanish Coffee which is $7.25.*

Signature Coffees:

• Flamed Spanish Coffee - Sambuca, Kahlua, Cointreau, cinnamon, nutmeg, whipped cream and a caramelized sugar rim
  • Almond Dream Coffee - Amaretto DiSaronno and Baileys Irish Cream
  • Canadian Coffee - Canadian Club Whisky
  • Explorer's Coffee - Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream
  • Italian Coffee - Sambuca
  • Jamaican Coffee - Meyers's Dark Rum and Tia Maria
  • Kiss of Fire - Tia Maria and Cointreau
  • Prince Charles Coffee - Drambuie
  • Irish Coffee - Jameson Irish Whiskey
  • Captain's Coffee - Grand Marnier and Tia Maria
  • Bon Voyage Coffee - Cointreau and D.O.M Benedictine

*-If they can serve flaming coffee, why is it that they can't serve Flaming Baked Alaska or flamed Bananas Foster? I was totally willing to buy into the fact that the flaming desserts ban was a safety thing until I saw the flaming coffee drink being offered.

And finally, we have the Chocolate Specialties which are hot cocoa based cocktails. I believe that they're mostly an Alaska thing, but there are people like DFIL who love hot chocolate enough to have it in the Caribbean. (In fact, he used some of his Explore 4 for Explorations Cafe hot chocolate last year.) These all had a menu price of $6.75 in the summer.

Hot Chocolate Specialty Drinks:

• Almond Chocolate - Amaretto Disaronno
  • Baileys Chocolate - Baileys Irish Cream
  • Cioccolato di Roma - Galliano
  • French Chocolate - Cointreau
  • Lumumba Chocolate - Bacardi Superior
  • Mexican Chocolate - Kahlua
  • Chocolate Versailles - Hennessy Cognac

*-If they can serve flaming coffee, why is it that they can't serve Flaming Baked Alaska or flamed Bananas Foster? I was totally willing to buy into the fact that the flaming desserts ban was a safety thing until I saw the flaming coffee drink being offered.

In all fairness it's not too far of a stretch to expect a dangerous fire might occur from a burning liquid, so people are extra careful ... but an ice cream roll??? Negligent handling of desserts can not be tolerated! There just has to be some limits my good man! :halo:

P.S. thank you POA1 for all your hard work for the CC community.

dh

Hello all,

Reading recent posts has made me thirsty.......or maybe I just need a drink!!!

My question is....how best to upgrade an Explore 4 Signature drinks package to an Elite. Bet someone knows the cost AND whether its best to do it in advance or onboard.

I always appreciate CC members replies.

Cheers

Deeko

Hello all,

Reading recent posts has made me thirsty.......or maybe I just need a drink!!!

My question is....how best to upgrade an Explore 4 Signature drinks package to an Elite. Bet someone knows the cost AND whether its best to do it in advance or onboard.

I always appreciate CC members replies.

Cheers

Deeko

I don't think you can do it ahead of time. Many people have reported that they were actively solicited for the upgrade from the Explore 4 SBP. In our case, on the Eurodam last December, we had to ask several people before we could buy the upgrade.

It was the difference in cost between the packages plus the 15% service charge. It worked out to $11.50/pp/day. It was charged to our room account which meant that we could use our OBC to pay for it. (The Explore 4 suite OBC was quite a bit higher last year.)

From a value perspective, the EBP makes the most sense for people who want to open up their wine selections. It does not matter that much otherwise.

A lot of people get hung up on the $9 vs $15 per drink thing. However, you really need to look at what you drink and what it costs.

Yay, a fan club. Can we have a dress code? :D :D:halo::halo:

Maybe a Drinking Code instead of the well worn dress code.

I too greatly appreciate the enthusiasm and thoroughness of POA1's research and presentation of findings. He is a gem.