Birthday Surprise Advice!

Hi Everyone!

We are planning a birthday surprise aboard Brilliance in January. The birthday boy (my dad) knows he is going cruising with my mom but doesn't know the rest of the family will also be there. We are looking for a meeting place that will be open when we get onboard for the "Surprise". Was thinking a lounge but unsure of what will be available to guests when we get on the ship. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I am not familiar with Brilliance of the Seas but if they have a Viking Lounge then that would be my recommendation.

If you have a balcony or suite then a get together in the cabin also works IMO.

Just a thought, you don't necessarily have to get together as soon as you board. Give your parents time to settle in and then spring the surprise.

Friends of ours with the help of their TA, set up a function in the Solarium in the evening. Since that location is not used much in the PM, that area, with the Bridge might be a nice location. Have the Family there and walk your parents out that evening. Our friends had finger foods arranged and non alcoholic drinks.

Thanks for all the great ideas! We were leaning towards the Schooner bar as a meetup :) Tried to set up specialty dinner for 12 but that proved to be unsuccessful. Not enough reservation times left. I do like the idea of the little get together with food/drinks. I'll put a call into my travel agent. Thanks again

Thanks for all the great ideas! We were leaning towards the Schooner bar as a meetup :) Tried to set up specialty dinner for 12 but that proved to be unsuccessful. Not enough reservation times left. I do like the idea of the little get together with food/drinks. I'll put a call into my travel agent. Thanks again

As soon as you board, book your dinner for 12. It is usually easier to do in person. We had lunch at Chops on Brilliance in April and really enjoyed lunch more than dinner. Check it out. We loved our cruise on Brilliance.

I am planning my own birthday on Majesty in April and we will celebrate DH's birthday on Majesty in January. Happy Sails to You and Your Family.

As soon as you board, book your dinner for 12. It is usually easier to do in person. We had lunch at Chops on Brilliance in April and really enjoyed lunch more than dinner. Check it out. We loved our cruise on Brilliance.

I am planning my own birthday on Majesty in April and we will celebrate DH's birthday on Majesty in January. Happy Sails to You and Your Family.

Awesome!!!! Thanks!!