Excursions on Escape/Thoughts on Boat

Love1999

We have been loyal RCCL cruisers but are considering a cruise on the Escape for something different. However, when I look at shore excursions for the stops (Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Great Stirrup Cay, and Nassau), I am only seeing 10-15 options for each port. Will I see more once I book? RCCL normally has 30-35 choices so I was really surprised. We will also look at non cruise line excursions as well.

Also, I am comparing this against 2 other RCCL options that week: Freedom of the Seas (Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman) and Harmony of the Seas (St. Thomas, San Juan, Labadee). We have done Liberty, Oasis, Allure in the past and most of these ports except Costa Maya, Falmouth and Great Stirrup Cay. Will we like the Escape boat wise or be disappointed?

Thanks!

At the risk of sounding a bit snarky, no one here can tell you if you will like the ship or not, we know nothing about you, who you are sailing with, ages, what you like to do for dinner, entertainment,etc.

The Escape is a great ship with tons of things to do and see. I would suggest that you check out all about the ship on NCL.com, read about the Escape in the review section and then ask more specific questions.

Due to the change in itinerary, NCL is trying to get their excursions established at the new ports for the Escape. Falmouth has the most so far, and I think some at be removed as they fill up. This is a big ship and spots will fill. I would call the excursion line if you have any questions, or visit the excursion desk on board. This is the message in my message center:

Recent itinerary changes have caused delays in updating available shore excursions in some ports of call. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back later or book your excursions once on board. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We have been loyal RCCL cruisers but are considering a cruise on the Escape for something different. However, when I look at shore excursions for the stops (Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Great Stirrup Cay, and Nassau), I am only seeing 10-15 options for each port. Will I see more once I book? RCCL normally has 30-35 choices so I was really surprised. We will also look at non cruise line excursions as well.

Also, I am comparing this against 2 other RCCL options that week: Freedom of the Seas (Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman) and Harmony of the Seas (St. Thomas, San Juan, Labadee). We have done Liberty, Oasis, Allure in the past and most of these ports except Costa Maya, Falmouth and Great Stirrup Cay. Will we like the Escape boat wise or be disappointed?

Thanks!

At this point in time, with all the re-routing due to hurricane damage in the Eastern Caribbean, most cruise lines are scrambling to get their new itineraries set and establish some shore excursions. Most of the ports now being used either did not see that many cruise ships before this, or they are seeing their normal traffic PLUS the additional traffic from the new itineraries. Thus, it's a little misleading to compare cruise line shore excursion offerings at this moment with what might have been normal in the past.

Generally, NCL has a full roster of shore excursions on any itinerary - no different than RCCL or HAL or any of the others. Regardless, you can always find shore excursions directly from the tour operators. There's no need to go through the ship unless you just prefer the convenience (and don't mind the higher price).

As to how you will like NCL Escape vs RCCL: that's something that you'll have to decide for yourself. If you like a bigger ship, with a lot more going on you should be fine. It's not that much different than most of RCCL's large ships.

We have a similar routing Falmouth-Cayman-Cozumel-Great Stirrup Cay.

I did considerable research on excursions. Ended up going with a 3rd party excursion via Resort for a Day to Hilton Rose Hall Jamaica because I️t included transportation and had reviews superior to others. I️t was pricey but all inclusive. We drink.

For Cayman we rented a cabana at Royal Palms Beach Club, arranging own transport.

For Cozumel we did the NCL Playa Mia non-VIP for $40/person.

Great Stirrup Cay is a freebie, NCL owned island.

I agree the offered excursions were lacking. I’m very happy with the mix we ended up with balancing price, quality, convenience, safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk