Belize Excursions-Zip cord info.

pdz

Someone on our Valor cruise did the Canopy zip tour thru an independent tour company. She broke her ankle by hitting it on one of the stands. The tour people wouldnt even help her out of the forest. She had to hike out of the forest on a broken ankle with only a girlfriend to help her. Of course she had signed a release. She said she received no help until she got back to the ship. She said Carnival took very good care of her.

Thankfully the Doctor on the ship was able to fix her ankle enough that she was able to continue the cruise and not have to return home. I saw her several times after that in her wheelchair and she looked miserable and in so much pain. This really ruined her cruise.

I dont know if this could have been prevented. Just would hate this to happen to anyone else.

We were on the Carnival Miracle Nov 6-13 and booked a private tour. Our guide allowed enough time to do both the Zip Line :eek: tour and the cave tubing for $130 and that includes a great lunch!!!

The Zip Line tour was awesome. :D ..we thought it was the highlight of our excursions!!

We booked with Nacho and Cynthia (husband and wife team) who live in Belize. They met us at the port and transported us to Jaguar Paw and were with us the entire time.

Most ships can't offer the combo tour b/c of the size of the groups and the time alloted at this port.

Nacho & Cynthia took very good care of us and made sure we were back at the dock with 30 minutes to spare!

If you'd like more information...contact Nacho via email at bzetours@netscape.net and ask any questions or Email me :) if you want details! Here's Nacho's website.... www.ncqadventuretours.com

aquaprincess,

My husband and son are booked for the zipline tour with Nacho and Cynthia for our Jan/01/06 sailing of the Miracle. What time did they meet you, was it hard to find them and what time did you get back to the ship. You did the combo tour, how long was that? I have read lots about these guys, and it was all good, I am glad you had a great time.

Thanks,

Brenda

Nacho and/or Cynthia meet you directly outside the port terminal doors (no tour guides are allowed within the secured terminal itself). They stand right outside on the steps with a large green sign with your name on it. He will also call your name out. You walk to the parking lot and load right into his 15-passenger van. He then drops you off directly at the port terminal entrance-way. He will send you complete instructions in an email, he'll also provide their cell phone numbers. Can't get any easier than that! They are friendly, honest, professional, and fluent in English. (Note the last half of the ride to the zipline resort is a very bumpy one. There are no paved roads into it; although, when we were there last week, the government was starting to cover the dirt road with gravel.) Ask Nacho if he'll show you the monkey's out back by the butterfly farm. Tell him Mary and Dave said HI!!

One other thing, we did the combo tubing and zipping, also included a fantastic authentic Belizian lunch at the resort. First zipped, then tubed, then ate. He will also give you a tour of the resort and drive right thru the heart of Belize, which the cruiseline's busses do not offer. The combo is about 5-6 hours, from pickup to dropoff.

We were in the 1st tender group at 9am. It's a 15-minute ride from ship to land. Nacho was waiting for us. He got us back to terminal around 4pm. His wife had a different group and she got them back even sooner since their ship was leaving earlier than ours. They are VERY aware of your schedule and will ensure you make it back.

We did the combo tour with Nacho & Cynthia. Here's the main deal...to do BOTH..you MUST get off the very first tender that leaves the ship.

Email me and I'll tell you how to get off first!!

Then when we got ashore we went to the station #4 where Nacho said he would meet us and there his was. "Ditto" the other reply.

But we had time to ZIP line, cave tube, eat a fabulous lunch and tour Jagfaur Paw and still had 30 minutues to shop at the dock!

If you have to choose one...choose the ZIP line...it is awesome!!!!

Archived