internet cafes

melika091900

I was wondering if anyone knows of any internet cafes and their locations

in pv,mazatlan, cabo, or manzanillo.... I dont really feel like paying a million dollars to use the ships internet service unless I have to..

any info i'd appreciate

thank you

melissa

There are a number of message threads on this forum giving internet cafe locations. Here is one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=249672&highlight=internet+cafe

Use the "search this forum" button on the Mexican Riviera forum and enter "internet cafe".

In Puerto Vallarta, you will find and internet cafe every hundred yards or so. The cheapest one I have found is PVNET.COM located across the street from the Sheraton. It's about a dollar an hour. Has a large bank of computers as well as ports for you to jack in your own laptop. This location has you pay in advance, their system keeps track of time remaining and your account stays funded for about three months. Works great if you are on a land vacation.

This from Vallarta-Info.com -

"There are several ways to keep up on your E-mail while you are here. Apart from some hotels there are many places in town, “The Net House”, "Café.com" and "PVnet", among others which have DSL high speed access, you can use a computer for from 10 to 20Pesos for one hour. At some places you can get coffee, snacks and even beer! At last count there were at least 100 places like this, and that's just in town. Also several bars in town now offer computer use for free, with your drink, Steve's Bar and Que?Pasa are a couple.

Several bars and coffee shops now have WiFi, if you wish to bring your wireless equipped laptop with you. So far these are the ones that I know: Beanz Coffee shop and Que?Pasa on Olas Altas, Dee's coffee on R. Gómez, off Olas Altas and Cuates y Cuetes on Los Muertos beach. Some hotels also have WiFi."

Our favorite is PV Cafe on Olas Atlas in Old Vallarta (near Kaiser Maximilian restaurant). Have great food and Mexican coffee :)

Enjoy!

I don't know about Manzanillo, but I easily found cyber cafes in PV, Maz, and Cabo. You don't need your laptop, you use their desktop computers. Rates varied between one to two dollars per hour.

Trey

I was wondering if anyone knows of any internet cafes and their locations

in pv,mazatlan, cabo, or manzanillo.... I dont really feel like paying a million dollars to use the ships internet service unless I have to..

any info i'd appreciate

thank you

melissa

There is a great internet cafe in Cabo. If you walk the pier area to the right from the tendering dock and follow it all around you will come to a large shopping mall. There is a really nice internet cafe on the 3rd level of the mall climbing stairs from the outside, no need to go into the mall. High speed service, not crowded and really inexpensive. I think it's $3.00 for 15 minutes and no hook up charge. Nice computers too.

There is a great internet cafe in Cabo. If you walk the pier area to the right from the tendering dock and follow it all around you will come to a large shopping mall. There is a really nice internet cafe on the 3rd level of the mall climbing stairs from the outside, no need to go into the mall. High speed service, not crowded and really inexpensive. I think it's $3.00 for 15 minutes and no hook up charge. Nice computers too.

thanks for the info.....

melissa

AND, my 2 cents :), we haven't been ANY place in the past 2 years that didn'y have multiple inexpensive Internet cafes (eve 3 in the Galapagos). The only draw back is that the software is often in the language of the country as is the keyboard. But, just ask the attendants for help and it's not a problem. We've been in touch with family and friends everywhere.

Just got back from a 10 day cruise to Mexico. I never paid more than $1 for 1 hr.

In PV, don't use the one right as you get off the ship. Just go down the road and you'll see a large round building on your right.. Go and use it.

In Mazatlan, Just go outside the terminal shopping area and turn right go a couple of blocks and on your left there is a little grocery store, and they have internet there.

Cabo there is a small coffee shop/ internet place. just up the street from the mail shopping. If you go to a information counter they'll tell how to get there. You can even have a drink:D

Acapulco was a litte harder to find. But i've found that if you ask the locals they will point you in the right direction.

Our next cruise in on Princess and we're platinum so our internet will be free:D

Archived