this upgrade to get free 5 perks is worth it?

foxyreg

Hi, already have a booked cruise with my online agent(not from NCL) with final payment done. Booked a BX category balcony(guaranteed balcony) they give me a BE balcony category. I paid 799$ p.p. but i don't have any of the free perks.

Today i asked for an upgrade to get the 5 free perks and here is their offer:

You can upgrade to BD category and quality for the 5 perks for an additional

$377.86 room upgrade

$224.28 Bev package service charge for 2

$24.84 Dinning package service charge for 2

Total $626.48

of course i get $200 onboard credit( i have $50 with my booked reservation)

and i get also $50 by port for shore excursion.

As i never take the UBP before on previous cruise do you think its worth it? it is a good deal?

When the UBP is involved it is very difficult to tell a stranger whether it is worth it or not. For some it is worth hundreds of dollars, for others a penny would be too much.

Just look at it this way. Assuming it is a 7 day cruise, the cost of the upgrade is about $44 a day each. There are drinks menus posted on here so you can see what that would buy you (remember to add 18% to the menu prices to get the true cost).

Would you pay for speciality dining anyway? If so then that would also be a value to you and would therefore reduce the amount you would need to spend on drinks to make it worth it.

For what it’s worth, $300 each for the UBP on a 7 day cruise wouldn’t even need any consideration for us. We easily spend more than that on drinks during the cruise so it would be a certain yes for us.

If you aren’t sure whether it’s worth it or not because you think you would spend around the $40 a day then I say go for it. That way you know the final cost and can just have that extra drink if you fancy it. Just remember that you may well end up drinking more for that reason.

Edit to say that I see you have cruises before without the UBP. How much do you normally spend on drinks? That’s how we made our initial decision when the UBP was introduced. We looked at what we usually spent on drinks and compared it to the UBP cost. There’s your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, already have a booked cruise with my online agent(not from NCL) with final payment done. Booked a BX category balcony(guaranteed balcony) they give me a BE balcony category. I paid 799$ p.p. but i don't have any of the free perks.

Today i asked for an upgrade to get the 5 free perks and here is their offer:

You can upgrade to BD category and quality for the 5 perks for an additional

$377.86 room upgrade

$224.28 Bev package service charge for 2

$24.84 Dinning package service charge for 2

Total $626.48

of course i get $200 onboard credit( i have $50 with my booked reservation)

and i get also $50 by port for shore excursion.

As i never take the UBP before on previous cruise do you think its worth it? it is a good deal?

IMHO ... I think it's worth it. IF I am reading your post correctly ... these charges are for 2 people, NOT EACH person.

Where can 2 people eat at a nice restaurant for $25 before tax/gratuities.

The drink package seems to be a great price. 8 drinks @ $14 = $112. (I divided the package total to show what it would be for 1 person). I think drink packages have a limit of/cover drink prices 'up to $15' per drink. Do you think you'll drink more than 8 drinks during the course of the cruise? Yes, I know it's before grats.

I think what you're saying is you HAVE to do the room upgrade to get the other 2? Is the room upgrade worth it? What is better about a BD? I guess that is the big question.