NCL Escape-Which is better.......early April or late October?

Wngsfan

We received a "free" cruise from Harrah's but the dates are limited. We have decided on the Escape and are interested in either early April 2018 or late October 2018 out of New York and cruising to the Bahamas. Looking for past experiences as to which is better. Can anyone shed light as to which month might be more favorable regarding warm weather, and calm waters or is it entirely in Mother Nature's hands? I realize weather is unpredictable, but just thought I would ask the experts on which months they prefer and why. Cruise critic was extremely helpful two years ago when we took our first cruise and we are looking forward to our second one. Thank you.

Keep in mind that hurricane season runs from June 1st through November 30th. Florida and the Bahamas region have a high frequency of hurricanes in the months of August through October. In the Bahamas water temps will be warmer in October then in April, but air temps will most likely be similar(low to mid 80’s).

We have been on 20+ cruises and many many times with spring breakers. Husband and I are 70 years old so it's not like we are party animals.lol. I would take spring break any day over the chance of a hurricane.

Should be plenty warm in April. I remember one April the heat in Mexico was awful. Again , even a free hurricane cruise isn't for us.