Alaska 2019

CRGcbus

I am waiting on the same itinerary. Last year they were released around December 10th. I chose the Bliss over the Ovation of the Seas because the Bliss was built for Alaska and has the observation decks. I don't think you can make a bad choice with either ship but the edge has to go to the Bliss for me. The icing on the cake would be if they still had the perks being offered now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks! Early December is going to be a tough decision. I've sailed Anthem of the seas and loved it, so I'm leaning towards Ovation of the seas (North Star, solerum, two70, virtual balconies for views) but the Bliss's observation decks and spa look great for views too.

It remains to be seen how well Bliss is designed for Alaska besides the observation deck. RCI's Quantum class is better designed for cold weather itineraries IMO with the solarium, full-size indoor pool, and SeaPlex. None of Norwegian's ships have public indoor pools (only in the spa or Haven). Bliss also has more outdoor-focused such as go karts, laser tag and water slides. These seem a better fit for the parts of the year it is in Mexico and the Caribbean than Alaska.

That said, Bliss has the advantage of sailing a year sooner and stopping in more ports (Explorer of the Seas, which Ovation is replacing, does not stop in Ketchikan). It also has a greater variety of specialty dining venues and big-name shows such as Jersey Boys. I'm waiting to see how both price out to make a decision whether to reschedule for 2019 or keep my existing 2018 reservation.