Excursion Query For Recent Spirit Guests

NoCruiseBlues

My wife & I and some friends are sailing on the SPIRIT out of NY on Jan. 8. One of the Ports of Call is Barbados. When trying to book excursion to harrisons Cave, we were informed that it was no longer available due to remodeling. We were wondering if indeed the remodeling has been completed, and indeed this excursion is currently being offered. In addition, we have been unable to book the Tramway in Domenica due to being filled, if this condition existed previously, was a waiting list provided aboard ship? Was there more than one excursion arranged? Or should we be disappointed & just book something else in its place. Any and al responses will be greatly appreciated. Happy sailing to all, and may all your cruises be PLEASANT & MEMORABLE ones.

Harrison Cave - They have a website. I do not know the link off hand but a google should kick it up in seconds. Look for the contact info on the site and ask them. I have been hearing remodeling for almost a year.

If indeed they are closed you can try http://www.barbados.org for other ideas.

Barbados transportation - We got a cab near the pier exit for $150usd. We were a party of 5 and we had the cab and driver for the day. He took us to Folkstone Marine park, back to the ship for lunch and then to the Wildlife Reserve for the 2PM feeding of the green monkeys. On the way back to the ship he took us through some of the estates near the Sandy Lane resort.

Dominica - While the ship shore excursion may be sold out - you could still try going on your own. We used Lester Ponds. We paid $30 each. He picked us up @ the pier and took us to Titou Gorge. Titou is just above the entrance to the Rainforest Tram. We then went to Trafalgar Falls and then to Champagne Reef for snorkeling. So, check out the ports of call board and see what you like!

Archived