Cave tubing review

Colton's dad

We just returned, Miracle Dec 4-11. We went threw Cave-tubing.com I was thrilled with experience and CREW. I yell crew because thats what we had. We had recieved e mail from Yhony Rosado with directions to pass the terminal sellers and he would meet us outside gates?, well he and the CREW were there, There were three groups to go, and we were awaiting the other two. We waited 4 minutes when Yhony gave the keys to one of the CREW and he gave us a 10 minute tour of Belize city which my older mother in-law loved and the kids learned alot of other kids and schools. Anyway 3 groups one had 10 people+. Yhony preaches he loves kids and families, and he does. He gave the large group 2 guides and each other family had one guide per 5 people with a floater. The bus ride was an hour of history, knowledge, and mostly humour. The guy is a joke. Our tour was handed tubes best suited for us by Yhony himself and did the 20 minute walk up, then all voted to do extra 10 minutes longer easy hike for extra in cave time. Down a slightly steep rock bank, either jump in or have 4 guides help gramma in to tube. River , a blast. slow cruise at first threw longer caves than I was expecting and a couple faster sections which as soon as we approch the CREW was out of their tubes pulling kids or those slower to react into proper spot on river. Very careful . Passed another group (unknown) had +40 people and 1 , ONE guide) We stopped on the way back after vote at cheers a little returant for beans and rice. (beer) . Had just under an hour after in town. I would not do this again with any one other than cave-tubing.com . We plan on taking other gramma and then 4 yr old when we return in 2 yrs , hopefully. :) :D ;)

Thanks Yhony and CREW.

Thanks for your review. My husband and I are going in June on the Miracle with our 15-1/2 year old and 4-1/2 year old. I have been stressing about cave tubing because I don't want to leave my 4-1/2 year old on the ship, but I am not sure if I feel that she will be safe going tubing. You say that you are going to take your 4 year old in two years? What are the pros and cons of taking her. I have read boards that say not to take kids under the age of 7 and then there are reviews as yours that say the only hard part for little kids is the walk. If it is the walk, no problem, we will carry her on our shoulders and switch off. If she does go, I plan on putting her in a lifejacket. What I am worried about is the roughness of the water. Comments? Thanks!

Thanks for your review. My husband and I are going in June on the Miracle with our 15-1/2 year old and 4-1/2 year old. I have been stressing about cave tubing because I don't want to leave my 4-1/2 year old on the ship, but I am not sure if I feel that she will be safe going tubing. You say that you are going to take your 4 year old in two years? What are the pros and cons of taking her. I have read boards that say not to take kids under the age of 7 and then there are reviews as yours that say the only hard part for little kids is the walk. If it is the walk, no problem, we will carry her on our shoulders and switch off. If she does go, I plan on putting her in a lifejacket. What I am worried about is the roughness of the water. Comments? Thanks!

If it puts your mind at rest , Yhony told me personally when I questioned the 2 1/2 yr old that yes I left on ship about coming, he said "he had just taken his youngest ever tuber at the age of just over three last week, but an active one" I wish we would have brought Colton he would have had a blast, but it is dark (pitch black , all but your head light) and you can't see day light from either end. If they are small will put Dad in a huge truck tire and wee ones ride on dad's chest. There were two ?4-5? yr old girls in our trip and they were fine. ALL kids wore life jackets, the water ski type and he personnally handed you a tube , I think you will be fine provided there is not 3 feet of rain the day before, but in our case in was a ,, you could walk faster beside on shore pace. Huge caverns in Caves are wonderful. Walk was on a cleared 5 foot wide trail , it was muddy but not hard, stairs had rails, as for CREW they will help at any steeps.:) :D Just be sure when you get off the ship too walk all the way to gate exit for "terminal 1", he is there. We went out the gate right where tender let us off and were hit by sellers on street till I asked a cop about Yhony, she walked us up street and guide actually came to us.

Archived