Christmas Dinner in Broward/Dade?

cruise 'n shopper

We will be getting off the Zenith on 12/22 and staying with parents in the Fort Lauderdale area. They are not having much luck finding a nice place for Christmas dinner in Broward County or northern Dade County. We're willing to go as far as South Beach if necessary for a great dinner in a nice setting.

The group is more traditional prime rib/rack of lamb/ham/seafood rather than nouveau trendy---parents are in their 80s. Everywhere they have tried is either closed for Christmas or hurricane damage.

Can anyone suggest a place that will be open on Christmas?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing folks on the 12/17 Zenith cruise. We're leaving for FL tomorrow, so this evening will be devoted to **unpacking** what I've overpacked---we're perilously close to the 50 pound limit before shopping!

I realize that this is a strange place to ask this question but go to the Hotel pre-post forum. There is two posters on there who actually live in fort Lauderdale named TrentS and Bequia. They might have a suggestion.

Marilyn

I am sure all the big Hotels will have Xmas Dinner buffets.The Marriot down by the Beach and 17 street causeway is very nice.My DH distributes meats and poultry to resturants in Boca and I am sure many will be open I will check with him tonight and get you some more suggestions.

We ran into the Christmas Day dinner problem last year in Broward/Dade. Many restaurants were closed.

We had dinner at Christies in Coral Gables.

Simply fabulous!! And dessert.. creme brulee... magnificant.

Reservations necessary.

I have a letter of complaint that I want to write to someone high up at Celebrity Cruise Line. I had sent an e-mail to Joan Bernheimer in Customer Relations and never received a reply. Hope you can tell me who I can send an actual letter to.

Thanks.

Cindy

Back to subject. And don't forget to make a reservation. Some restaurants close for Christmas to give their employees the day off, so all people wanting to eat out will have the same choices (fewer than usual) as you. We had the problem in Sedona one Thanksgiving.

I stumbled on this accidentally last year on holiday and will be going back this year for sure. Delightful food and service-everything extremely fresh and gourmet. Its called 3030 Ocean and its located in the Harbour Beach Marriott Hotel. Reservations are definitely required and its not cheap but its worth every penny IMO!!!!:)

We live in Ft Lauderdale and love the HB Marriott. We also love their holiday buffets(brunches.) I would call the hotel and see if they are featuring it for Christmas and I would go there if so since you say your parents are in their 80's. I believe they would like it more than the 3030 which does have wonderful food,but trendy and very pricey. For the brunches,which feature not just the best breakfast food there is with lots of fresh seafood,but also yummy hot entrees and the desserts are plentiful and to die for. The setting there,on the ocean,is very nice too. It is not just a hotel,but a resort.

Many locals go there for holiday brunches,including us.

coleridge

I stumbled on this accidentally last year on holiday and will be going back this year for sure. Delightful food and service-everything extremely fresh and gourmet. Its called 3030 Ocean and its located in the Harbour Beach Marriott Hotel. Reservations are definitely required and its not cheap but its worth every penny IMO!!!!:)

Archived