Goff's Caye -- actual time on the island?

Havering Bob

I am looking into excursions to Goff's Caye in January. The prices vary somewhat, as do the excursion times. I know that excursions include about an hour of travel time (20-30 mins each way), but I am wondering about "hidden" waiting time. I have emailed the companies directly -- some only have you on the island for two hours total, and some are longer. Can anyone who has gone on an excursion to Goff's Caye give me a rough estimate of how long you are on the atoll? We really want to have as much time as possible there. Thanks so much!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't remember exactly how long we were on the island, but I would say to make sure you get off the ship, tender over and check in for the excursion as early as you can. We've been to Goff's twice and last time we just missed a boat over to Goff's from the port, and had to wait another hour for the next one - sure would have rather spent that hour on Goff's than waiting around the port area. Just a heads up. We went through Island Marketing.

It's worth it though, beautiful island!

• 2 months later...
I can't remember exactly how long we were on the island, but I would say to make sure you get off the ship, tender over and check in for the excursion as early as you can. We've been to Goff's twice and last time we just missed a boat over to Goff's from the port, and had to wait another hour for the next one - sure would have rather spent that hour on Goff's than waiting around the port area. Just a heads up. We went through Island Marketing.

It's worth it though, beautiful island!

I am looking at the excursion through Island Marketing, were they back in PLENTY of time for the tenders? And did the boats seem fairly maintained? I prefer going through Carnival at tender ports, especially Belize but there are just not any excursions that look good. Love to hear your feedback about dealing with Island Marketing.

Yes, I recall getting back and having time to shop in the port before getting a tender back. We weren't rushed both times we went.

The boats seemed to be in good shape.

Hope this helps!

Thanks it does. We hate to stay on the ship in port, but also don't want to do something we won't enjoy. Goff's Caye looks exactly like something we'd love, and if Carnival did an excursion there, I'd probably do it through them, but they don't. :(

Thanks it does. We hate to stay on the ship in port, but also don't want to do something we won't enjoy. Goff's Caye looks exactly like something we'd love, and if Carnival did an excursion there, I'd probably do it through them, but they don't. :(

We are thinking about doing Island Marketing also. Have used them in Roatan and they were great, doing them again in Roatan in Dec on Royal Princess. So thinking about using them again in Belize since I cannot find anything else. From what I can tell, if you forgo the snorkeling, which we will, we would have around 3.5 hours on the beach, plus 30 minutes there and back. I can deal with that. I don't want to pay $40 pp and only get 2 hours on the beach. So sent them another email to verify and to find out if loungers are included or if we need to rent those.

We are thinking about doing Island Marketing also. Have used them in Roatan and they were great, doing them again in Roatan in Dec on Royal Princess. So thinking about using them again in Belize since I cannot find anything else. From what I can tell, if you forgo the snorkeling, which we will, we would have around 3.5 hours on the beach, plus 30 minutes there and back. I can deal with that. I don't want to pay $40 pp and only get 2 hours on the beach. So sent them another email to verify and to find out if loungers are included or if we need to rent those.

Please let me know what you find out! Also, if you have used Island Marketing in Roatan and enjoyed them, great, but if you ever want to try someone else, we used Roatan Ocean Adventures and they were amazing. We had one driver the whole time and able to customize our tour. We did zip lining, sloth hangout, snorkeling and beach break. It was great.

Both times we went, there were not loungers on the beach. I read somewhere that there may be some now (I haven't been there since Feb 2017).

We skipped the snorkelling to enjoy the beach.

We won't go if there are no loungers. That is a deal breaker for us!

Please let me know what you find out! Also, if you have used Island Marketing in Roatan and enjoyed them, great, but if you ever want to try someone else, we used Roatan Ocean Adventures and they were amazing. We had one driver the whole time and able to customize our tour. We did zip lining, sloth hangout, snorkeling and beach break. It was great.

Yeah, we don't want to do anything but go to the beach. Island Marketing only charges us $33 pp to get there and that includes our loungers, access to the beach and 2 drinks, so a really good price.

• 2 weeks later...

There are no loungers on Goff's Caye. There was a guy renting a hammock when we were there and a few picnic tables.

We used Island marketing. I think we were on island 2.5 hours? I can't remember. But we were back in plenty of time.

• 2 weeks later...

We went there and it is a sand bar in the middle of the ocean. Very little island .... Rained and stormed and there was no place to get out of the rain except a small tent they were cooking under. No chairs. No umbrellas. Just beach and rocks. Snorkeling was a joke. They took you out from the bank. I enjoyed the tour to Banister or Starfish island much better than this one to Goff's Caye. Boat was way overloaded and too much confusion as to where to find them once we got off the ship tender. I would recommend taking the tour from the ship.