Engine Noise in Vista suite #6001

jersey412

Better recheck that cabin number. 6001 is category b1, front of ship, not a suite aft. You would hear thruster noise at ports, and possibly anchor noise if a tender port.

Sis-in-law was in 6004 in the Baltic, and did complain about thruster noise, early in the mornings.

Vista suites are forward, on decks 6 & 7, #6002, 6003, 7004, 7005.

I haven't stayed in a suite, so can't comment on that, but noise issues from thrusters (not engines) remains.

Have heard complaints that balcony is almost unusable while underway, as the wind across the bow can be fairly stiff.

Personally, I would opt for aft over forward anytime - but that is my personal preference.

Jersey

There are many threads on this subject all basically saying the same as Druke...based on this advice we chose an OS at the rear for our next cruise............but have had a PH earlier this year and that was great too.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Looking to book the Vista suite on Insignia but am a little concerned with the fact that you are in the rear by the engines?

Has anyone had a cabin in this are and deck?

Thanks for your help in advance!

HI THERE:

WE WERE IN A VISTA SUITE 1 1/2 YEARS AGO. HUBBY & I JUST LOVED IT. I DON'T THINK IT WAS NOISY. I LOVE WATCHING WHEN WE COME INTO A PORT I NEVER SAW BEFORE, RIGHT FROM THE COMFORT OF OUR SUITE.

WE ONCE TOOK A CRUISE & GOT A SUITE AFT. I HATED IT. I LOVE TO SEE WHERE WE ARE GOING - NOT WHERE WE HAVE BEEN.

NEXT CHRISTMAS(2006) WE ARE CRUISING THE NAUTICA FROM SINGAPORE TO HONG KONG & WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE VERY SAME SUITE WE HAD THE LAST TIME. (7004)

Hi

Looking to book the Vista suite on Insignia but am a little concerned with the fact that you are in the rear by the engines?

HI THERE:

WE WERE IN A VISTA SUITE 1 1/2 YEARS AGO. HUBBY & I JUST LOVED IT. I DON'T THINK IT WAS NOISY. I LOVE WATCHING WHEN WE COME INTO A PORT I NEVER SAW BEFORE, RIGHT FROM THE COMFORT OF OUR SUITE.

WE ONCE TOOK A CRUISE & GOT A SUITE AFT. I HATED IT. I LOVE TO SEE WHERE WE ARE GOING - NOT WHERE WE HAVE BEEN.

NEXT CHRISTMAS(2006) WE ARE CRUISING THE NAUTICA FROM SINGAPORE TO HONG KONG & WE WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET THE VERY SAME SUITE WE HAD THE LAST TIME. (7004)

Hi

HI THERE:

WE WERE ON A VISTA SUITE 1 1/2 AGO. HUBBY & I JUST LOVED IT. I DON'T THINK IT WAS NOISY. I LOVE WATCHING WHEN WE COME INTO A PORT I NEVER SAW BEFORE, RIGHT FROM THE COMFORT OF OUR SUITE.

Hi

HI THERE:

WE WERE ON A VISTA SUITE 1 1/2 AGO. HUBBY & I JUST LOVED IT. I DON'T THINK IT WAS NOISY. I LOVE WATCHING WHEN WE COME INTO A PORT I NEVER SAW BEFORE, RIGHT FROM THE COMFORT OF OUR SUITE.

TAKE CARE NOW

MYRA

Archived