Vaccinations or Meds for Galapagos

Babo02

What did you take before travelling to the Galapagos and Quito? I know that Hep A is necessary as well as tetanus, but the CDC website says that there is no malaria or yellow fever in Quito, Guayaquil or the Galapagos and inoculations aren't necessary. However, better safe than sorry,:D so I wanted to know how most people handled this.

Thanks,

Babo:)

If you search this board, you will find that this question has been asked before. I always recommend checking with a good travel clinic for advice that meets your individual needs. It's a little risky to get health advice from message boards.

In my case, I updated my typhoid vac and carried Cipro as well as meds for motion sickness and altitude sickness. Yellow fever and malaria are not an issue in Quito or the Galapagos.

I'm sure my doctor will be able to advise me as well, but the travel clinic that I contacted insisted that I needed both yellow fever and malaria, medication while the CDC website stated that it isn't an issue in Quito, Guayaquil or the Galapagos. This made me quite curious.

As far as altitude sickness is concerned I will have to find an alternate medication as I am allergic to the most common medication prescribed.

Thanks for your help.

Babo:)

Archived