MSC Photo Packages

Carribean Cruiser George

Hi,

I am hoping someone has experience with photo packages on back to back cruises. I am sailing on Seaside starting January 27th back to back. I am interested in the VIP Photo Sea Card package for $99. The fine print includes the text: "The package is available for each cruise including back to back sailings." Does this mean that someone can have digital copies of all the pictures taken over the 2 week period for only one fee of $99 (as opposed to paying $198)? Another package has the opposite wording. I called MSC and they said that they don't know... I was asked to email them the question. I did that a week or so ago and I have not received a response so I am throwing out to the community to see if someone knows firsthand.

Thanks!

Edited by GBeaudry

We are booked on the 21st April 15day/14 night cruise (it was not sold as a back to back in Australia but as a single voyage) and we have bought the package which was AU$133 .. so US$99 seems correct for the whole cruise to me

• 6 months later...

My wife and I purchased the electronic picture package for $200. We did 4 photo sessions and were very anxious to get our pictures. Although we could download them while we were still on the ship, we only had our phones with us. When we got home and downloaded the photos, we were shocked and very dissappointed to see they were very low resolution photos and worthless to us. They did however have all their ship photos in high resolution. Since this showed they knew the value of the high resolution photos, it just angered me more.

The amazing thing was, when you walked around the ship they had huge led displays with peoples phots, those were of course all high resolution and as far as I am concerned a huge deception.

I did write MSC about this and they claim a 5 day response, but it has been 2 weeks and they never got back to me.

VERY POOR QUALITY PHOTOS AND POOR SERVICE! COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY.

When we got home and downloaded the photos, we were shocked and very dissappointed to see they were very low resolution photos and worthless to us.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

What is the resolution of the downloaded photos ?

I have booked the VIP Photo Sea Card on Seaview expecting digital photos

in good “pro-photographer” quality

and high resolution.

I just got off the Seaside this past Saturday and I only bought a few photos but the quality on them isn't that great imo. I'm no professional photographer but I could have taken better shots with my D5500.

On MSC Meraviglia they told us that the digital photos are only low resolution intended for online use, and not to do printouts from them.

If you want high quality you have to buy the printouts.

Resolution is ~1000x~2000px but jpeg compression is very high with visible compression artifacts on color gradient backgrounds.

But if you buy the vip sea pass with digital versions, there are offers that gives you 60% off on printed copies, so maybe also a good deal if you buy printed copies.

On MSC Meraviglia they told us that the digital photos are only low resolution intended for online use, and not to do printouts from them.

Resolution is ~1000x~2000px but jpeg compression is very high with visible compression artifacts on color gradient backgrounds.

But if you buy the vip sea pass with digital versions, there are offers that gives you 60% off on printed copies, so maybe also a good deal if you buy printed copies.

This is helpful information. Thanks.

I am viewing the images on the screen of my desktop computer

and creating a photo book of the vacation.

I guess I have to see how the quality turns out.

Not interested in buying printed copies, except maybe 1 or 2

to frame when back home.

The funny thing is I bought the printed copies lol.

We bought digital copies of our photos (about 8 photos out of maybe 20) during our recent cruise with MSC Seaside. It cost $9.99/each. The prints cost starting at $14.99 (not sure of the size).

We downloaded the digital copies from MSC Photo website and printed 3 (8"x10") at CostCo. Image quality (to my untrained eye) looks good.

We're booked on an MSC cruise ex Barcelona in September and are being quoted $180 for 50 "printed photos." Says nothing about digital copies. I don't see a $99 package anywhere so maybe it's a different deal for the Mediterranean itineraries than is for the Caribbean ones?

For Northern Europe (MSC Meraviglia) there was an offer for all digital fotos that are taken onboard (port side fotos not included)

For our 10night cruise

- prebooked: 49 €

- on bord: 119 € (another offer was 199 € all digital + 10 (?) printed)

They seem to have different promotions for different markets

We're booked on an MSC cruise ex Barcelona in September and are being quoted $180 for 50 "printed photos." Says nothing about digital copies. I don't see a $99 package anywhere so maybe it's a different deal for the Mediterranean itineraries than is for the Caribbean ones?

I think digital copies are only available in MSC's newer ships (Meraviglia and Seaside and maybe Seaview).

Do

You buy The photos online or onboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can pre-purchase your Photo Package before your cruise or purchase the Photo Package during your cruise. If you opt for individual photos (prints or digital, when sailing with MSC's newer ships), you will purchase that before disembarking.

If you opt for digital copies, you have 30 days after your cruise ends to download them.