Plank photos on NCL ships.

disneygirl10

I went to purchase our photos on the last night of our Thanksgiving Week cruise on the Getaway.

Asked where I could find the plank photos..

Apparently the camera wasn’t working, even though it did flash every time we pulled the rope.

Is this a common problem?

Just curious to know for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t know whether it’s common, but from memory it wasn’t working when we went on the Getaway.

The only other times I’ve been on ships with a plank were the transatlantics on the Breakaway and Escape. I don’t think they were working then either, but I believe that was because they hadn’t been set up.

So, it seems that I haven’t yet been on a ship with a working plank camera despite three cruises on the ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. That’s really disappointing. We can get dressed up and have photos taken at any time.. it’s not every day that you can have a photo standing 17 stories above the ocean.

Was hoping that it was a one time fluke.

I was on the same cruise (Thanksgiving) and finally got on the ropes course on the last sea day. There was a photographer on the plank taking pictures. I bought a plank picture and also pulled the string for the selfie but the photographer said it wasn’t working. She took my picture and I bought one. It says “I walked the plank 18 decks above the sea”. I guess for future cruisers, make sure there’s a photographer up there if you want a picture of you on the plank.

Silly question, but did you happen to just browse the photos on display in the photo area? That's where we found random photos of us, the times that there wasn't someone asking our room number. Most of our plank photos were there.

2821479_zpsqrrn4pmw.jpg

2821480_zpslivftsuj.jpg

2794395_zpsokfktjjd.jpg

2823812_zpsum7az5h9.jpg

2823813_zps7d9wck07.jpg

2823802_zpsoprexjtl.jpg

I was on the same cruise (Thanksgiving) and finally got on the ropes course on the last sea day. There was a photographer on the plank taking pictures. I bought a plank picture and also pulled the string for the selfie but the photographer said it wasn’t working. She took my picture and I bought one. It says “I walked the plank 18 decks above the sea”. I guess for future cruisers, make sure there’s a photographer up there if you want a picture of you on the plank.

Oh wow that’s great! I wish I would have realized that! I just checked my photos.. on the last day we were up there around 5:30 or so.. I got down to take photos of my son. Took this photo shortly after.. e7618f52e37d9ee5fa3f640b098f3246.jpg

We were up there everyday at varying times, but never did see a photographer. I’ll know to check periodically next time.

Silly question, but did you happen to just browse the photos on display in the photo area? That's where we found random photos of us, the times that there wasn't someone asking our room number. Most of our plank photos were there.

2821479_zpsqrrn4pmw.jpg

2821480_zpslivftsuj.jpg

2794395_zpsokfktjjd.jpg

2823812_zpsum7az5h9.jpg

2823813_zps7d9wck07.jpg

2823802_zpsoprexjtl.jpg

Oh these are wonderful!!!!

Yes, I checked our book and the screen, and also asked one of the people working there.. that’s who informed me that it wasn’t working.

Oh these are wonderful!!!!

Yes, I checked our book and the screen, and also asked one of the people working there.. that’s who informed me that it wasn’t working.

That's the problem. They don't know who you are when you pull the cord on the plank. They just put out the photos on display on the walls in the Photo Gallery and you need to find them on your own. The Zip line photos have an actual photographer that asks your cabin number and they put those photos in your folder and you can also find them on the screen. The actual Plank photos, you usually have to find on your own.

And just to reinforce that they just put the plank photos out to be found....we've been on Breakaway 3 times already and it has always been that way. I've heard people being told that the camera wasn't working only for them to find the pictures on the display wall.

We will be back on Breakaway in 2 weeks and I'm willing to wager that people are told the same thing, but the pictures will be right there on display.