Picking a cruise based ONLY on dates

DT1304

If we cruise in January it is always based on dates - I’m a professor and can only go when school is not in session. To compensate, we search Royal Caribbean and Celebrity and aren’t restrictive about our departure port. We can usually find a ship and itinerary that suits us. This year, we chose Freedom of the Seas because DD is joining us and it has a nursery, but we considered several itineraries from Port Canaveral, Fort Lauderdale, San Juan, and Miami, with the main requirement being that the ship didn’t stop in Nassau.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone here ever booked a cruise based only on the dates, and not taking into account the ports, which RCCL ship etc?

Yes! Not having read the thread, I booked a cruise earlier this year (2 actually, now that I think about it :confused:) based solely on the date - not RCCL though. I had left Carnival behind a few years ago, but we had a mini-vacation planned for a concert in Orlando with a few friends to celebrate my 5-years cancer-free anniversary. I discovered that a Carnival cruise left Port Canaveral the same day. I was initially leery, but decided to book it. WE HAD THE BEST TIME! It stopped in a port we’d been to a dozen times, but we went in expecting to have a great time celebrating, and did. Even my husband, who doesn’t share my cruising addiction in the least, came away from that cruise saying it was his favorite cruise yet. :) So if you just enjoy cruising for cruising, I say go for it!