Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

We just returned from our first Med cruise and used ItalyToursEU for 3 of our excursions and wish they were available for ALL of the ports! Best of the French Riviera, Best of Florence and Pisa and Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. The entire experience from booking until that final dropoff was flawless. The drivers and (where included) the guides were top notch and really brought so much more to the experience. Thank you for making things so easy and helping provide us with the most memorable experiences!! Cristina is great to work with too!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SherRay6840 said:

We just returned from our first Med cruise and used ItalyToursEU for 3 of our excursions and wish they were available for ALL of the ports! Best of the French Riviera, Best of Florence and Pisa and Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. The entire experience from booking until that final dropoff was flawless. The drivers and (where included) the guides were top notch and really brought so much more to the experience. Thank you for making things so easy and helping provide us with the most memorable experiences!! Cristina is great to work with too!

I’m happy you had a good experience.  We have booked several with them for our cruise in the fall. And I agree, Cristina has been great so far.

• Like 1

We have those same excursions booked with them for August 2025.   We are also doing the Best of Rome and the Vatican with them.  They are a great company to deal with and very attentive.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 1:12 PM, SherRay6840 said:

Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast

I see on their website that this tour does not include the entrance fee for Pompeii. Did you have to wait long in line to buy tickets at Pompeii before you got in?

Our group of friends just returned from a sailing on the Odyssey of the Seas from Rome. We were fortunate enough to book our port stop in Naples with Italy Tours EU. I contacted them and worked with Cristina. Our guide was Giovanni and our tour was Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. Yes you will pay for your tickets and have a private guide but they will assist you in purchasing your tickets. Giovanni was so exuberant about his job and his country. Very knowledgeable, helpful, funny and a wonderful driver. I missed out on booking all of our Rome tours with Italy Tours but I would have booked every one of them with Italy Tours. They were on time, informative and fantastic. Do not hesitate to use them!

• Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 1:21 PM, wazing said:

Does Italy Tours do a good job in finding other passengers to fill your semi private tours? We are 4 cruisers who need another four to fill our tours. We are touring in Livorno, Rome and Naples on the August 11, 2024 NCL Escape cruise. 

Yes, they do. You can also seek out other participants on your roll call.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:15 PM, ryarger said:

I see on their website that this tour does not include the entrance fee for Pompeii. Did you have to wait long in line to buy tickets at Pompeii before you got in?

No, our guide (last week) collected the entry fee from our group and the guide at Pompeii arranged the tickets.  We waited about 5 minutes.    Try to have exact amount available if possible. It was €18/pp.   

• Like 1

I would recommend ItalyTours.  June 2024 booked 3 tours.  Best of Florence/Pisa, Best  of French Riviera and Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast.   All 3 were timely and informative.   Drivers and guides were polite and enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge.   They had water available, stops were explained and appropriate.  Pompeii was hot.  Take a small fan if you have one.  

• Like 1

Question for those that have recently used ItalyTours.  I have 3 upcoming excursions planned with them and have received emails about access to restrooms (now you need to pay to use the facilities), and a second email about anti-pollution laws and the fact they cannot run the AC in their vehicles while parked.

Not so much concern about the restroom fee, but more-so the lack of AC upon return to the vehicles.  With the recent heatwave hitting Europe, how have your experiences been upon return to the vehicle?  I would hate to be baking out in the sun in Pompeii or Rome and then have to return to an oven in the form of the vehicle.  

Note, from their email it states that they do start the vehicle (and the AC) and drive around for 20 minutes prior to pick-up, but the email also says the first 30 minutes in the vehicle may feel warm or hot.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, sushraya said:

Has anyone here used this company for a tour from Salerno (and not Naples or Sorrento)?  Which tour and how was your experience?

I did - back in 2019.  Did the Pompeii/Amalfi Coast tour.  It was wonderful.  Spent the morning at Pompeii with a guide, drove to Salerno and had lunch/free time to walk around for a short bit, then drove down the Amalfi Coast towards Positano - although we never made it TO Positano (I was so sad - but they tell you ahead of time that due to traffic it's usually just a stop from an overlook and that you rarely make it to Positano itself).  Then we stopped at a Limoncello factory and then back to the ship.  It was a long day but had a blast! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sushraya said:

Has anyone here used this company for a tour from Salerno (and not Naples or Sorrento)?  Which tour and how was your experience?

3 hours ago, erby2283 said:

I did - back in 2019.  Did the Pompeii/Amalfi Coast tour.  It was wonderful.  Spent the morning at Pompeii with a guide, drove to Salerno and had lunch/free time to walk around for a short bit, then drove down the Amalfi Coast towards Positano - although we never made it TO Positano (I was so sad - but they tell you ahead of time that due to traffic it's usually just a stop from an overlook and that you rarely make it to Positano itself).  Then we stopped at a Limoncello factory and then back to the ship.  It was a long day but had a blast! 

Sorry - Meant to say drove to "Sorrento" for lunch...not Salerno.   Duh, we ported in Salerno. 

• Like 1