Almonds and Corals - closer to Limon or Puntarenas?

Dr. Octagon

We are planning for a future cruise. One thing the kids really want to do is the zip lining. Does it matter if we stop in Limon or Puntarenas if we are thinking of booking with Almonds and Corals? Or can you do it from either one? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Octagon,

I am not sure about how far it is from Puntarenas. You might post a question to Oscar Brown on this board to get an answer. We did the ziplining and had a blast. Our ship docked in Puerto Limon. Because the roads aren't the best it took about 45 minutes to get to Almonds and Corals.

We used Oscar Brown as our guide. What a wonderful man. We paid $30 to Oscar to drive us and $40 to Almonds and Corals. Oscar has an AC Van, and had cold drinks for us in a cooler. After we did the zipline he took us to a working Banana Plantation, which was very interesting, and the to a friends house that had a sloth and monkey in his yard. I held the monkey, Rosita, and got some great pictures of the Sloth and Rosita. Oscar will tailor your day to what ever you want to see and do. We did get a tour of Pureto Limon as well. It was interesting to see everything from the downtown area to neighborhoods. We even went into Oscar's sisters house. Oh gosh telling you about our day makes me wish I was back there right now. I hope you have a great time.... we did icon_biggrin.gif

You can contact Oscar

Home phone 1 011 506 758 1881

Cell phone 1 011 506 350 6415

email cbrown@costarricense.cr

I did have trouble getting emails from Oscar. He got the ones I sent him, but I didn't receive his. I finally just called him on his cell. He was well worth the extra effort getting ahold of him. If you book with him tell him Hi from Colleen.

God bless you and yours.

hello. my bf and i will be traveling on the coral princess's 10 day panama canal in december. we are also interesting in zip lining. i emailed oscar last night. i was wondering, did you prepay for either prior to going,or did you pay as you go? also, how long was the tour? our ship is at port from 7am-4pm. kristin

Constellation 02/2004

Coral Princess Countdown

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;12;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Check out Almonds and Corals website. You can e-mail them directly and Aurora (the owner) will get back to you pretty quickly. They will pick you up at the pier (Limon) and for $35 they will take you in an A/C bus with a tour guide to their lodge. When we went in April, the guide was Aurora's son Andy and he was so sweet. The lodge is beautiful and it is $40 for the zip line. If you have folks with you who don't want to do it, they can pay $10 to hang out at the lodge while you go down. The lodge has a beach and a restaurant/bar. After the zip they serve you fresh fruit (delicious!) and then back on the bus.

On the way back, Andy let us stop in Puerto Viejo for shopping, and at a banana plantation to look around. He was very willing to stop anywhere we wanted to along the way, and to share alot about the country and people. He also kept on the lookout the whole trip for monkey's and when he spotted some he stopped the bus so we could all get out and get some pictures.

It was the best, and I highly recommend them, they are really great people. And the zip-line is just about the coolest thing you will ever do, I promise!!

Got carried away with memories and forgot to answer your time questions!! We were on the RCI Brilliance of the Seas and we were docked next to the Coral Princess in CR. We had Princess people on the tour with us and we were back at the ship in plenty of time. It takes all day, I can't remember the exact times because the whole ship time vs. Costa Rica time had be all confused! Tell Aurora or Oscar or whoever you use what time your ship leaves and they will make sure you are back in plenty of time. They are very conscious of ship departure times and will be sure there is no problem.

Thanks for the info. I will have to email Aurora for the specifics. I cannot wait to go zip-lining!!! I have been looking at pictures and it looks unbelievable. December won't come soon enough.

• 5 weeks later...

I have a tour with Almonds and Corals in Dec. 2004 we booked it ourselfs a few months ago. Yesterday the owner Aurora sent us an email with a link to view some new pictures of the place she said the email was just to keep in touch and that they were looking forward to our visit with them in Dec. Here is the link

http://www.almondsandcorals.com/english/ready.html

Goodmorning

Can anyone tell me how old people were on your zip linning tour? We are a fourty-five...fifty-five year old couple. Toying with this idea ,how fit do you have to be? What else is their to do in Lima ?

I am 51 and DH is 57, we did the zipline when we were in Puerto Limon. You really don't have to be in wonderful physical shape to do the zipline, you just have to be ready for a little bit of adventure. Every thing is completely safe and you have three lines that keep you hooked to one or more cables. When we went we used Oscar Brown for our transportation to the zipline for $30 and then paid Almonds and Corals $40 for the zipline. After we finished at Almonds and Corals Oscar gave us a tour of a bananna plantation from the start to the finish. It is amazing to see the entire process. Makes me appreciate that little bananna a little more since I have seen how long it takes for it to grow, mature, and be packed and shipped out.

Pureto Limon was one of the highlights of our cruise. I just wish I had bought more coffee when I was there. I did learn from the thread that Oscar will take you to the local supermarket and you can get coffee cheaper than what I purchased near the pier.

Hope you have a great cruise. Enjoy Costa Rica... it is beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived