Has anyone rented from Grand Turk Adventures with Omar???

Beachgirl676

Looking for renting experience with this company. I am cruising next month and looking to rent a golf cart or ATV with my 8 family members. For the ATV rental, are you able to go off on your own or do you have to be guided?? Any information is helpful thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am very interested in this as well. Considering renting 2 carts in early January. If I do rent from him, I will let you know about my experience. My understanding is that there isn't a guide. I am going to print off a map of the island, but he may provide one. The island is fairly small and I have previously been on a guided ATV tour through the cruise line. It was fun, but we want to explore on our own, at our own pace.

I am very interested in this as well. Considering renting 2 carts in early January. If I do rent from him, I will let you know about my experience. My understanding is that there isn't a guide. I am going to print off a map of the island, but he may provide one. The island is fairly small and I have previously been on a guided ATV tour through the cruise line. It was fun, but we want to explore on our own, at our own pace.

Thank you I appreciate it!! I agree about wanting to explore on our own that's exactly how we feel. The website doesn't give much info...thanks again! And enjoy!!

• 1 month later...

I would NOT recommend renting from Omar with Grand Turk Adventures. We were stood up! We arrived at the agreed upon meeting spot at the arranged time and no one from GT Adventures was there. We asked around and were told that Omar was on vacation, maybe in Canada? Also, that his employees had rented out all of the equipment and left. A young man from Wet Money even went as far as to ride around on one of his four wheelers to try to find them with no luck. After 30 mins of waiting and trying to call, we left. Very disappointed. Did receive an email later, apologizing for the mix up and a refund of my deposit. Interesting to note is that Karib rentals who cancelled all of their rentals (mine included), was there renting out equipment. I did talk briefly to them about it and all they said is “We are back”. I personally would not rent from them either. Not sure what equipment Wet Money rents out, but their employee said that they always hold their rental equipment for the reservations first and only rent out the ones not reserved. Best of luck to you.

I would NOT recommend renting from Omar with Grand Turk Adventures. We were stood up! We arrived at the agreed upon meeting spot at the arranged time and no one from GT Adventures was there. We asked around and were told that Omar was on vacation, maybe in Canada? Also, that his employees had rented out all of the equipment and left. A young man from Wet Money even went as far as to ride around on one of his four wheelers to try to find them with no luck. After 30 mins of waiting and trying to call, we left. Very disappointed. Did receive an email later, apologizing for the mix up and a refund of my deposit. Interesting to note is that Karib rentals who cancelled all of their rentals (mine included), was there renting out equipment. I did talk briefly to them about it and all they said is “We are back”. I personally would not rent from them either. Not sure what equipment Wet Money rents out, but their employee said that they always hold their rental equipment for the reservations first and only rent out the ones not reserved. Best of luck to you.

Wow I'm really disappointed to hear this. That's a shame. Actually I saw on one of these forums that someone was also stood up from Wet Money which they reserved and when they went to pick up we're told they were rented out to customers that just walked up!! Seems the companies are sketchy, very displeased to hear this and I'll report back after my trip on the 23rd.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow I'm really disappointed to hear this. That's a shame. Actually I saw on one of these forums that someone was also stood up from Wet Money which they reserved and when they went to pick up we're told they were rented out to customers that just walked up!! Seems the companies are sketchy, very displeased to hear this and I'll report back after my trip on the 23rd.

Sent from my iPhone

That is a bummer! I agree, they seem sketchy. It’s really a first come first serve business, even with reservations. If you hustle off of the boat and quickly make your way directly to the rental area, right outside of the port gates, you should have better luck than we did.

That is a bummer! I agree, they seem sketchy. It’s really a first come first serve business, even with reservations. If you hustle off of the boat and quickly make your way directly to the rental area, right outside of the port gates, you should have better luck than we did.

Ugh this is really making me nervous because we aren't the only ship in port that day and don't arrive til 11 AM. Guess we will wait and see. Sorry to hear about your experience

Sent from my iPhone

I hate to say it, but you may want a backup plan. We still made the best of it and went to Margaritaville and the beach. Our group was made up of 4 college kids and parents. We have taken the ATV and beach excursion through the cruise line. It was fun, but once was good for us. Please let me know what happens.

We rented from Omar in December. Absolutely wonderful. No complaints at all. We were told to meet him at the entrance to the cruise center. Before we made it out of the cruise center parking lot, we were met by someone who works for Omar. He personally walked us to the entrance where Omar greeted me by name. After a quick rundown of the equipment, we were given a map and off we went to explore on our own. No guides. When we returned to the port entrance several hours later, they were there waiting for us. Super nice guys. We would definitely rent from him again.

We rented from Omar in December. Absolutely wonderful. No complaints at all. We were told to meet him at the entrance to the cruise center. Before we made it out of the cruise center parking lot, we were met by someone who works for Omar. He personally walked us to the entrance where Omar greeted me by name. After a quick rundown of the equipment, we were given a map and off we went to explore on our own. No guides. When we returned to the port entrance several hours later, they were there waiting for us. Super nice guys. We would definitely rent from him again.

Oh this gives me hope, thank you!!! I'll be there on the 23rd and hoping to have a great experience like yours.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from my trip on the Sensation. Everything was wonderful. I highly recommend Omar for any of your needs he offers more than just golf carts. Extremely reliable no complaints at all. Omar is the man!!

Just returned from my trip on the Sensation. Everything was wonderful. I highly recommend Omar for any of your needs he offers more than just golf carts. Extremely reliable no complaints at all. Omar is the man!!

Thanks for coming back to update us! I'll go ahead and book my rentals with Omar then!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Thanks for coming back to update us! I'll go ahead and book my rentals with Omar then!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

That's great. If you remember tell him Lyndsey sent you[emoji6] he will be happy to hear it. He really is a great guy and hope you enjoy your trip!!!

Sent from my iPhone