Constellation in one week

venice2

Just about anything ( within reason) goes for breakfast and lunch, shorts, tee shirts, that sort of thing. I think that bathing suites need a coverup ( I think that's what you call it) but that's pretty much the only restriction of which I am aware.

I usually have breakfast in shorts and a tee shirt myself....

THis is our first cruise and we are leaving in one week.

How do people dress at breakfast and lunch?

I understand that evenings are casual/dress.

Please advise!

Are you on the 12/17 sailing? If so, I'll be on that one too :D

Breakfasts and lunches are very casual, shorts, etc. You are not supposed to go into the dining rooms or public areas with wet clothes and you are supposed to wear coverups in public areas over swimsuits.

See next post for Dinners.

(If you don't want to dress up, I think the buffet is always open for casual dining.)

Here it is from Celebrity's website:

Evening Attire

Evenings aboard Celebrity include three types of dress: formal, informal and casual.

Formal attire calls for an evening gown or cocktail dress for ladies and a tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit for gentlemen. Elegant, formal evenings include the Captain's Welcome Cocktail Party and Dinner, the Captain's Farewell Dinner, and a third or fourth "formal" night for those cruises sailing more than seven nights.

For your convenience, arrange for tailored, elegant formalwear to be delivered directly to your stateroom with Cruiseline Formalwear. With an elegant line of eveningwear for ladies and classic, stylish formalwear for men, you'll look as famous as you feel. To order, visit http://www.cruiselineformal.com or call 800-551-5091 or 305-252-8572.

On informal nights, ladies may wear an informal dress or pants and blouse, while gentlemen may wear a jacket and tie with slacks. Casual nights call for casual, comfortable wear, so women may opt for a pantsuit or sporty outfit while gentlemen may choose a sport shirt and slacks.

The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the appropriate attire each evening. Dining in jeans, t-shirts, shorts, tank tops or swimsuits detracts from the overall ambience and is therefore not allowed in the main dining room after 6:00pm.

And I got those numbers wrong, there are 3 casual, 2 informal and 2 formal nites. :o

Archived