A Few Questions...

wbhudson

First of all, over the years (and a couple different user names), ya'll have been a great wealth of information and I thank you for that. I can always count on Cruise Critic members to have the answers to those unique situations that may arise. So, on to the questions! :-)

I booked my 6th cruise a few weeks ago. Tonight, I saw that the price dropped, so I called and was able to get the difference in OBC. When they sent me the confirmation email, I noticed that although my VIFP level is gold, it is showing my wife as red. We have always cruised together, so we should have the same number of points. I have also always done the booking under my name/email, so I do not know how to check her points, or request a missing cruise. Any suggestions?

Secondly, this cruise is going to be a Christmas gift for my kids (6 & 11). Since we don't leave until February, does anyone have any neat ideas of what I can wrap and put under the tree to tell them they are going cruising? I don't think my little one would be very impressed if I just put a boarding pass in his stocking! Lol.

Thanks everyone!

Call Carnival and they should be able to get your wife's days straight , just explain the situation.

Try and find some kind of Carnival items to wrap up for presents. Buy on Ebay ,such as the blow up ships or mugs that have Carnival written on them ,T shirts and so forth .Christmas ornaments for the tree etc .

Were also surprising our kids Christmas morning but then we leave on the Breeze on NY Eve!! Still trying to figure out how to surprise them.

I would try calling or emailing to get your wife's VIFP status correct, we had to do that this summer for our oldest. I luckily found pictures from that cruise and it was easy to take care of.

When I have booked surprise trips for my family and my husband, I have used the old scavenger hunt approach. I wrap up some kind of written clue in a box all pretty and when they open it, that sends them to somewhere else in the house where another written clue is hidden to get to the next spot, so on and so forth until they finally get to the last spot where another little box is gift wrapped with something special to deliver the surprise (like a copy of the booking with something else little). It can make it extra special to do "the hunt".

Also another good one is the box inside the box, inside the box inside the box idea (I've used that one too). Start with a really big box and then have at least 6-10 progressively smaller ones (each one wrapped) that they have to keep opening. Make sure the last box (with the printed reservation) is completely duck taped up though under the wrapping paper lol! Hillarious to see them try to get it opened!

And the final idea I have is one time I took 200 envelopes and in each one had a piece of paper that said "nope keep looking" and put them all in a big shirt box and wrapped it up. Then one envelope and only one had the boarding pass in it... took them about 120 envelopes to finally hit the one with the reservation print out in it!

You can log in to Carnival using your wife's VIFP# and you should be able to pull up her cruise listing to see what is missing - you can then try to correct it through the website or just call Carnival (probably easier) and have them make the correction. Both my husband and I can log in separately under our individual VIFP# and view our booking, excursion options, listing of previous cruises, etc.

When I booked our first cruise for our anniversary, I wrapped a passport application (DW still had her maiden name on hers and wanted an updated one) and bought a toy boat at a local store. I put the boat in the pond in our garden with a note explaining we would be taking a cruise. I must say, the confusion on her face when she unwrapped the passport application before seeing the boat/note was priceless ;p