Help we need a Kid Friendly Beach!

MamaMicki

Hello all,

We have 2 small children and we are looking for a beach on GC. Our kids are 2 and 4. We were going to rent a car and goto Rum Point, but it sounds like it is really far away. I know there is 7 mile beach, but 7 miles is a lot of beach, if there is something there could you be real specific so we could tell a taxi driver exactly where to go? Could somone please recommend a nice beach for kids that isn't crazy busy:eek: . Thanks so much. Take Care all!!

Hi,

We always go to 7 mile beach via taxi. They know where to drop you off, I think we told them the public beach so we didn't have to pay a fee & then just walked down a short distance & stopped near a cool beachy bar area that was family friendly. We are cruising in Jan, (12th) time around & finally are bringing our girls 4 & 5 to 7 mile beach. Calm, crystal clear water & the beach is fantastic. Very very family friendly. I always bring life jackets just in case-but I really don't think you'll need them because of the shallow water.

Enjoy!

Sue

Hi there MamaMicki......you might try down by the Courtyard Hotel. It's further down so it will cost a little more for a taxi, but it also will be less crowded. It is a really nice section of beach and there is a Red Sail Sports location right there that you can rent water toys. We stayed at the Courtyard the first night when we went to GC in October because we couldn't get into our condo until the next day. There are some pics inthe link below. Don't let the waves scare you...it is usually glass smooth there. we just happened to go the week in between Wilma & Beta.

Mike

http://www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

Thanks for the great pictures. Where was the swim-up bar at. That looked so cool. My sister is 21 and she is coming with us and that was her only request was that she be able to goto one swim-up bar. :D Can you use any of the hotel facilities or are they pretty much off limits? I mean like just basic stuff...chairs and stuff like that. Thanks for all your help. THis is our first time to venture out into GC. We usually just snorkel in the harbor and stuff. Thanks again!!

The swim up bar is at Morritt's which is where our condo is on the East End. I think the beachside Red Sail hut rents chairs etc. The Courtyard is on the other side of the street. I think they have a daily pkg geared towards the cruisers that I have heard mentioned here previously. I'll try to do some research.

Mike

http://www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

MamaMicki,

Not too sure if there is ANY swim up bar on 7 Mile Beach that they'll let us have access to. I know Courtyard Marriott is across the street from their beach and wouldn't let cruise ship guests use their pool last time I was there.

cruisegirl29 mentioned a beach by public beach. I think the one she's talking about is Sea Grape Beach. I went to Courtyard Marriot last time but ended up walking to Sea Grape Beach and staying there. Cool bar, neat beach! It's right next door to Public Beach. Check them out at www.seagrapebeach.com They have a photo page with some good shots.

The swim up bar is at Morritt's which is where our condo is on the East End. I think the beachside Red Sail hut rents chairs etc. The Courtyard is on the other side of the street. I think they have a daily pkg geared towards the cruisers that I have heard mentioned here previously. I'll try to do some research.

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

Uh, not so clear on what you're saying. The chairs at the Courtyard beach are rented by the hotel. Red Sail does have cabanas for rent which offer portable shade.

Morritt's is generally too far for day visitors to our island to travel. Chairs are provided for hotel guests and Red Sail again rents cabanas along with all the usual beach toys.

Go to Courtyard or Sea Grape. These will have chairs/umbrellas for rent. Food, drinks, water sports, etc. Taxi will be $5 per person each way and the taxis will be waiting to take you back to the pier. There is an outdoor shower to wash off at and you will have a great time there.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there public beach access points at these beaches so you don't have to pay to enter (but then can rent whatever once you get on the beach)?

Last time we were in GC we asked the cab driver to take us to the public beach access point but he refused and took us to the entry fee location as if we were nuts. My mom walked over to the fast food restaurant to get my nephew a burger and she walked right by the public access point we requested. We thought that if this time we asked the cab to take us to the Burger King (I think that's what it was), we could actually just walk across the street to access the beach then. If you can access the beach at the Courtyard though for free, we may just do that.

L Jane

L Jane

The entrance to Courtyard Marriott is free as well as Sea Grape Beach. Sea Grape is located a little farther South of Courtyard Marriott. Right next door to Sea Grape Beach is the public beach. No need to take a taxi to burger king & walk across the street. Go on down to Sea Grape where they have rest rooms, rentals, showers and plenty of facilities.

Archived