I must have my steak and other menu ??

Illinoisgal

HI all I have been a member here for about 2 years, but have been away for awhile :( I just saw how Carnival is or has I should say implemented new menus, my question is can you still get steak every night even if it is not on the menu?? I know you used to be able to. Also why did they put pumpkin soup the same night as strawberry bisque?/ Oh the horror. I know I can get both but that leaves other nights with nothing so exciting to savour ( ihate all seafood and mushrooms so dont go there :) thanks!!

pss what is chatubrand ( sorry horribly mispelled)

Yes, you can get a steak... I believe it is a Sirloin or a Strip. I generally order from the menu, but I had a steak one night when not on the menu, a few cruises ago... and I know someone else did in October on our cruise.

The pumpkin soup on my last two cruises has not been NEARLY as good as in the past. I don't know that I will even give it another chance :(

Chateaubriand is the center cut (generally a roast) of a beef tenderloin, properly cooked, the center should be nearly raw... but most cook it medium rare. They don't cook it like you would get in one of your finer restaurants, but it's okay... generally FAR too overcooked.

Oh no, I loved the Pumpkin soup my last 2 cruises :( I was brave enought to try it thanks to these boards. Since I started planning our new cruise I have been slacking off around the house, and lurking here often. I need help

Not saying it was bad... just definitely not what it used to be. I thought it was just the Miracle, but then it was the same way on the Valor. I guess I am still hoping for the best, but the only soup that was still just as good was the Mushroom soup (sorry :o )... you might have good luck!!!

Ah, a woman after my own heart. I, too, despite seafood and mushrooms. Being from the Midwest originally, I am always accused of being a meat and potatoes man, and I am. I got hooked on crusing in 1992 and in January, I'm going on my 14th cruise. If the dinner menu at night consists of some funny looking duck, or seafood, or something I can't pronounce, I always fall back to their wonderful steak which is ALWAYS available. So not to worry. You an order steak every night at dinner (or 2 if you want) and you will never get a cross look from your waiter. Enjoy your dinner!

Rickcop44 too funny. everyone thinks im crazy, as I don't like the seafood. I told my dh that means there is more for him. although he also orders his steaks medium well, it makes me want to cry!

I wont eat duck or lamb either so more steak for me. can you believe I was a vegatarian for 2 years ? Man I love steak. Now I just have to wait for 11 months . MMmmm

A few folks from our cruise last week said that when they ordered steak, they were served filet mignon. Our last cruise on the Conquest this was served on Friday night (6th night) and on the Triumph this was served for open seating dinner on Monday night, (3rd night) I wonder if it was served since they had so much leftover - a lot of people never had dinner on ship and dinner was only open 6-8:30. Hmmm. Is this now the third night menu?????

The filet was excellent cooked for both of us to perfection (One MR and one MW) great sauces with it also.

There were great MEAT dishes every night with sauces and vegetables:

Sirloin steak, filet mignon, prime rib, beef wellington, roasted beef with horseradish potatoes, chateabriand (grilled, aged beef tenderloin).

Also a couple of great pork dishes (jerked pork tenderloin:D and centercut porkchop) Chicken and turkey dishes also

Steak sandwiches, burgers at the Grill!! Sandwiches at deli. Plenty of beef at buffet. Plenty of meat.

I will try to get the new menu posted soon. There are plenty new and some items no longer on the menu, some items changed.

Yes, On the Conquest I had the Filet Mignon on three nights. (available all but 1st night) the Sirloin once, Chateaubriand once, and Prime Rib once. So basically I had steak every night other than Lobster night. I didn't really intend to, but on the first night the Sirloin was sooooooooooo good I had to have steak. BTW-this was much different than in Sept. when the meat dishes were not as good.

I also had soup each night. GC is correct I was also dissapointed with the Pumpkin soup. The best IMHO was the Mushroom Soup. Excellent. French Onion and Tomato Bisque also good.

Wonderful thanks for all the info. I have enjoyed reading your review so far bettyb2 and your pictures as well, I look forward to more.

thanks to all, I feel much better. Our last two cruises it was hard for me to choose somenights, now one of the newer menus I looked at i had 3 nights where it wa sall stuff I didnt care for, so I was a bit concerned Yeah right there is still room service ( how do they make a ham sandwich so good) and PIZZA ok now im hungry

Not on the menu but available every night in the dining room is Steak, Chicken (Grilled), Pasta with Sauce and Baked Potatoes. I'm picky and so rather than not eat in the dining room, I get a Steak or the Chicken. The Chicken is juicier than the grilled ones done on deck and you get two small boneless breast pieces.

Did you all also know that if you'd like Eggs Benedict and the two are too much for you, you can order a half order? Mom does it everytime on every ship we've been on........no problem.............they don't advertize that either.

On our recent Valor cruise we only chose to eat in the dining room 2 nights. I am a very picky eater and not a big fan of most of the selections. (Just put on flame suit :D ), But anyhow both of these night I ordered steak and a baked potato both of which were not on the menu. Both of these nights I was served "fillet mignon"(sp)

Archived