Lofoten Islands under sea tunnel along Flakstad Bay to Nusfjord

I would appreciate any information from anyone who has travelled through this tunnel. Is it very long, how long does it take to drive through it? My wife is always hesitant about going through tunnels so I am hoping I can assure her its a short distance through the tunnel. Thanks Gary

I would appreciate any information from anyone who has travelled through this tunnel. Is it very long, how long does it take to drive through it? My wife is always hesitant about going through tunnels so I am hoping I can assure her its a short distance through the tunnel. Thanks Gary

There is no tunnel under the bay near Flakstad. To get from Vareid to Flakstad, the E10 runs all the way around it along the coast. Once you turn off the E10 towards Nusfjord, there are also no tunnels, and the road skirts the edge of Storvatnet Lake and then cuts through the valley to the coastline near Nusfjord.

I'm guessing that you're asking about the Nappstraum subsea tunnel between Vestvågøya and Flakstadøya islands, between Flesa and Napp? On an excursion leaving Gravdal or Leknes and heading south, this is quite close to the start (and end) of the trip. It's less than 2km, so it only takes a few minutes to pass through it. Definitely among the shorter tunnels in Norway (of the 33 undersea tunnels, this one is the 4th shortest). However, be aware that it has an 8% grade, which could be disconcerting to someone expecting a flat drive.

I've been through it twice, but it was years ago, and it didn't make a lasting impression.