Alvin of Island Boy Tours

lanabanana

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for people who have used Alvin in PR. He is recommended by Jerry of Coqui PIE and Jerry was WONDERFUL, but I'd feel better if we heard from some people who have had experience with him. Thanks!

Sorry - I just happened to look at this thread. We used Alvin when pre-cruise for a tour to the rain forest. He was very good. He does not do a "typical" rain forest tour - you don't go to the visitor center - he takes you in sort of an unusual way - you see about 7 waterfalls and he has good knowledge of the history of Puerto Rico. We learned quite a bit. We also stopped at 60 bars(? - I think that's right) for a unique experience of local beer & snack. He stopped by the hotel, picked up our luggage and took us right to the cruise pier to get on the ship.

We enjoyed it very much. I don't have anything to compare it too, however, but I felt that we got what we paid for.

Hope that helps.

Archived