Sushi on 5 M-Class Menu Update

Gonzo70

Good news: Celebrity recently obtained a new type of ventless oven that enables M-Class Sushi on 5 to serve the full menu that only S-Class was serving. Lots more options, such as dumplings, ramen, sliders etc.

Now if they would stop calling the sliders "Kobe beef" I'd really be a happy camper. Have noticed a fair amount of this mislabeling common ingredients as luxury ingredients across the ship (i.e. "Burgundy truffle" = truffle oil, "Morel mushrooms" = button mushrooms, "Venison ragout" = braised beef, "Caviar" = tobioko etc. etc.). Been eating fairly well, but definitely get a chuckle/minor irritation with some of the mislabeling.

• 2 months later...

I just looked at a sample Sushi on 5 menu on the website and was sorry not to see ramen listed. So I did a search of "ramen" and saw your post from December on this subject. I'm hoping its just a case of the website being outdated because I'm looking forward to ordering some ramen on an upcoming Solstice cruise. I was disappointed last year on Infinity when ramen was no longer being served due to the oven issue. Glad to hear the new ventless ovens have now appeared on M-class ships. Love the lobster ramen! ;p

Can you use Sushi on 5 as one of your dinners on a 4 night dining package? How does that work with ala carte prices if you can use it for the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were on the Equinox in December, most of the desirable dinner times at the specialty restaurants were taken, so we went to Sushi on Five one evening.

Just let the maître d' at the restaurant's entrance know that you have a the dining package and they will let the waiter and the sushi chef know so that you stay within the price limits of the package. They couldn't have been nicer and even made a couple of "special request" rolls for us.

Sushi on 5 was a turn-off on our Eclipse Oct/Nov 2017 TA. Only 4 people in restaurant, we were 2 of them. Vibe and service was weird, servers gathered around the sushi bar and chatted, and occasionally looked our way. Sushi was so-so (grew up in Hawaii and have a clue), wine took forever to get. We have been on multiple cruises w/Sushi on 5 and have never seen many people in there. :rolleyes:

Sushi on 5 was a turn-off on our Eclipse Oct/Nov 2017 TA. Only 4 people in restaurant, we were 2 of them. Vibe and service was weird, servers gathered around the sushi bar and chatted, and occasionally looked our way. Sushi was so-so (grew up in Hawaii and have a clue), wine took forever to get. We have been on multiple cruises w/Sushi on 5 and have never seen many people in there. :rolleyes:

I'm currently on Millennium and although I love the ship and the cruise, I must say that Sushi on 5 has been a big disappointment. I absolutely love sushi and had planned on eating there several times a week over the course of the two-week cruise, but was disillusioned after the first night. The nigiri and the rolls weren't much better than supermarket quality.

I thought maybe since it was embarkation night, the restaurant might have been a little off its best game, so I decided to give them a second chance a few days later. Unfortunately, I didn't notice any improvement so I won't be going back again.

I've loved the food in other dining venues on the ship, especially Luminae, but Sushi on Five just doesn't cut it.