Looking to do underwater sub...

BubbaLuvin

I will be in Cozumel in a couple of weeks and we were hoping to do the underwtare sub, but 2 are listed at 2 different prices and I was wondering what the difference is/was?

One listed id Dr Ellen Prager's Ocean Discoveries, which is about $50 more than the other and also is about 2 hours and 15 minutes long.

The other is Reef explorer semi sub. It is $50 cheaper than the one listed and lasts for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Is the only difference that the cheaper one is 45 minutes shorter?

A semi-sub is a glorified glass bottom boat. Passengers sit in the lowest part of the hull with windows looking underwater. The boat itself does not submerge below the surface. On a ride like this you’ll see the upper part of the reef.

The other sounds like a true submarine that will take you 100 feet or more underwater. I’ve not done the one in Cozumel but did one in Aruba and it was cool.

Part of the reason one is longer is, for the one that’s a true sub you have to take a boat out to it. That could be a 15 minute boat ride each way.

You might see just as much underwater life on the semi-sub but you can’t check “rode in a submarine” off your bucket list.