Has anyone ever used the Celebrity Luggage valet??

rianvi

Just received our docs. and there was a small paragraph about a luggage valet service. Apparently, they collect your luggage the night before as usual but with special tags on them. After you clear customs and collect them...Celebrity delivers them to the airport and you collect them at your final stop. Celebrity also prints your boarding passes. There was no mention of cost and I was wondering if anyone who has used this service would recommend it. Thankyou in advance.

Peace..............Anna

I just used the service in FLL coming off Century. It was available to passengers flying United, American and Delta, two bag per person limit and your flight had to be between 11:30 and 5. Cost was $10. They delivered baggage tags and your boarding pass around 10 PM (literature said 11 PM). Luggage was very easy to find as there were not many takers in FLL, porter took you through customs and right outside the door there was a big truck to load it on.

I also used the FedEx box service and sent clothes home so I would have room for stuff I bought (I was on 4 weeks) (the 4 weeks reference has nothing to do with what we are talking about, I just like to say it:D ). They brought me a 20 x 20 x 12 box. I filled it. Concierge came and put paperwork together and sealed it with a special luggage tag. You could put up to 30# in it and the cost to where I live was $30. I got off the ship Monday and pkg was delivered Thursday. I thought this was a great service also. You could ship a suitcase home. The cost was $45. Again, price was by region of delivery.

Both were great services!

We just used the service in San Juan. What a joke! One of our bags was lost for several days. Our friends did not not get any of theirs for several days. Other bags destined for other cities arrived at our airport. It appeared tags had been removed. We suspect this was done at the terminal after we had gone through customs.

We used the same valet service on RCCL's Empress in October in Fort Lauderdale and it was great! Like tuggers said, there were restrictions and the cost was $10 per person.

The absolute best part? Those using the valet service were put in the number one group disembarking. Like I mean my daughter was the first passenger to walk off the ship once customs had cleared us. That alone is worth the $10 to me.

Scott

I used this service whilst on Infinity recently.

Cost was $15 pp for two bags

You had to be flying with Delta, United or American

Your flight had to be after 12 noon and within the continential USA

Any connection had to be with same airline.

It seemed to be a good service. I did not have to deal with my luggage once it was put outside my door, until my journeys end at Fort Myers FL

Only problem was that you do not get your luggage tags when every one does, which worried me, Reception said this was because the air lines checked their records and then issued the boarding pass which came with the luggage tags on the last night around 8-9pm.

Once you know that you do not have a problem.

Sounds great.Enables you to see some of the arrival town without carrying luggage, before going to the airport, if you have a late flight. I've only experienced the US Direct in Vancouver which was great at $20 plus buying the ship's transfer, or if you booked cruise/air with Celebrity you didn't have to buy a transfer since that was already included in your original fee.

Archived