Fort Lauderdale car rental

macgirl

We've rented cars twice upon our return to Ft. Lauderdale after a cruise. We used Budget, and I believe the location was at the Quay shopping center on 17th St. (phone is 954-761-7231). I would call there, make sure it's the one nearest the cruise port, and reserve a car. Then, when you exit the port, directly outside the exit is a passenger drop off/pick up area, and it's in this section that the rental car vans come to pick you up. The rental office can give you more information, but we once just got in the van (after waiting less than 5 minutes for it to show up) without a reservation or anything.

The whole process is very easy, and reasonably priced. And no walking necessary! :)

I have rented from Budget also. I book online and reserve a car at the Airport location. What I do is take a taxi to get the car while my wife stays with our luggage then I return for her and the luggage. It cost me less than $10.00 for a taxi.

Don

WE RENTED A CAR RECENTLY AND BASICALLY YOU BRING THE RESERVATION COPY AND ONCE YOU GET OUT OF YOUR SHIP, OUTSIDE A BUS FROM ALL CAR RENTAL AGENCIES WILL PICK YOU UP AND TAKE YOU TO THE AIRPORT. ITS ONLY LIKE A 5 MINUTE RIDE.

OUR TRIP ACTUALLY STARTED IN WEST PALM BEACH AND WE RENTED A CAR THROUGH ALAMO AND RETURNED IT IN FORT LAUDER DALE AIRPORT,

ONCE RETURNED, THEY TOLD US TO TAKE THE SHUTTLE BUS TO THE PORT EVERGLADE TERMINAL. THE GUY OF THE BUS TOLD US THAT COMING BACK WE HAD TO HAVE HANDY THE CAR RENTAL RESERVATION OR THEY WOULD CHARGE 15 DOLLARS. WHEN WE WERE DONE WITH OUR CRUISE WE BOARDED THE SHUTTLE BUS AGAIN AND NOONE ASKED FOR NO RESERVATION PAPER. IT WAS VERY SIMPLE. ( THEY DID NOT CHARGED EXTRA FOR DROPPING IN A DIFFERENT AIRPORT)

MY OTHER TIP IS THAT IF YOU GO TO WWW.TRAVELZOO.COM YOU CLICK ON CAR RENTALS AND CHOOSE FROM THE AVAILABLE DEALS ON THE DIFFERENT COMPANIES AND THE PRICE WILL BE WAY DIFFERENT THAN GOING DIRECTLY THRU THE COMPANY. WE RENTED A MINIVAN FOR LESS THAN 45 DOLLARS AND OF COURSE SMALLER CARS, CHEAPER:D

Archived