Enchantment of the Seas Jan 7, 2006

Hello to fellow sailers boarding the Enchantment of the Seas on Jan 7th. Can't wait to get away from the snow and the cold for a change. We're first time cruisers and looking for a warm, relaxing much needed break!!! Any ideas and suggestions from the avid cruisers? ie things not to miss, stuff to bring that you might not think of?

22 days to go!!!! Can't wait!:D

We'll wave to you while disembarking from the 1/2 cruise.... I'll be easy to spot, my DH will be dragging me off while I throw a royal hissy fit!!! ;)

If you haven't already, you should go over to the meet and mingle forum and see if anyone has started a thread for your sailing... you may meet some great people before you even get on the ship.

I suggest bringing a power strip and an adapter so you can plug in any electronics purchased in the US.

There were only 2 outlets in a standard cabin. One (and I mean 1) at the desk and another in the bathroom. If I remember correctly the outlets aren't standard outlets that we are used to in the US, so you need the type of adapter that will convert a European to a US.

DH and I plugged in our power strip at the desk, then plugged in our mP3 & camera chargers, and our travel iron.

Also, if you are a stickler for pressed clothes bring a travel iron. Unlike the Princess ships that have irons in the laundry rooms on each deck the Enchantment does not supply irons (probably to reduce the risk of fire...which is bad news anywhere but especially on a ship).

Hope this helps:)

Upcoming, God willing:

Coral Princess 9/06

Freedom of the Seas 12/07

Previous:

Enchantment of the Seas 12/05

Sea Princess 11/05

Voyager of the Seas 01/05

Coral Princess 10/04

Sun Princess 10/03

Sun Princess 03/97

Empress of the Seas 09/95

We were on the Enchantment last month. She is a beautiful ship and you will have a great time. I would suggest dining at Chops one evening--we did and the food and service were top notch. Well worth the $20pp cover. If you have cabin with a balcony, do have breakfast there at least one morning. We ended up doing it almost every day and loved the sense of calm.

My dh did the rock climbing wall and had a blast. Check out the pool deck in the evening--the splash deck becomes a fountain that is lovely.

On another topic--it was my understanding RC does not allow travel irons to be brought on board so we always take Downy Wrinkle Releaser and it works great. Don't forget your sunscreen. I always carry on a bag with my swimsuit and a change of clothes so I'm not stuck in New England winter clothing in FL sun until my luggage is delivered. I also pack a few bottles of bottled water to bring with me on shore excursions so I don't have to pay ship prices.

Hope all this helps. Have a really fabulous time.

Another tip to prevent wrinkles?

Roll your clothes when packing. You'll fit an amazing amount inside your suitcase, and when you unroll, typically there will be few wrinkles. Worked like a charm for me, and does every single time I travel.

Archived