Luggage Tags

agnesd

Just printed our luggage tags. Do they hold up? It seems a little flimsy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are unlikely to survive if you put them on before starting your journey, particularly if you fly.

there is always a member of the crew with a stapler to assist at the dockside.

so you don't need to put them on until you are just about to register to board.

Pete

I print mine on cheap paper and then cheapo laminate them by folding as directed before placing a strip of wide packing tape on each side.

I would not recommend putting them on your luggage until after any flights. My experience is if you've got any sort of tags on your luggage they're removed prior to placing a new tag on if checking your bags. If you will be placing your bag in the overhead bin on your flight it might be ok.

If you're staying the night in a hotel nearby the night before boarding my experience is they're usually happy to staple the tags on for you at the least. Most will just loan you their stapler to use for that purpose. I've also borrowed a stapler at the car rental place for one of our cruises. Most anywhere that deals with a lot of paperwork probably has a stapler and will let you have a few staples.

I always put two staples near the handle and two out at the loose ends after wrapping them around. Never had them come off with the cruise lines but once hubby just stapled his once near the middle and it came off somewhere between the taxi driver loading them in his trunk and giving them back to us at the cruise port.

As far as having someone help you with them at the cruise port goes my experience is all with other cruise lines. Usually there's one person and many people needing the help so it can be a bit of a wait in line.

Make the small investment in the plastic luggage tag holders that are available online. We purchased them years ago and they've been on many cruises. You will never have to worry about the paper tags not holding up. Just google "cruise luggage tags" on Amazon. I bought mine at an online store called Favors by Serendipity.

Amazon sells luggage tag holders that we have used for our last few cruises. They really hold up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read your post yesterday as I was worried as we have to attach our labels at the airport before we fly. We have transfer flights and bags get taken directly to the ship. Ordered from amazon yesterday, delivered today. Thank you so much for the information