Anyone going to the Belize rainforest?

RizzoLee

I never realized I could do this before-but noticed someone else asking for help for forgotten items so thought I'd try! This is a little odd too. :o

Back in March we had a tour in Belize that took us through the rainforest. My DBF is a chef and was really excited about bringing home some leaves from the Allspice plant (also known as Nutmeg) found there (they're okay to eat-if you bite them, they taste exactly like the actual spice). He picked them, brought them on the ship, cleared Customs with them in port, in both airports on the way home (not considered a 'plant' as it contains no seeds, just the leaf and not considered a food since it's actually a spice) only to find out that I had accidentally thrown them out since they were in a water bottle with a bunch of other water bottles around and I wasn't paying any attention-just repacking everything to go home. I found some on the internet, and even found an actual plant online-but my climate isn't warm enough the whole year through in order for this to be effective.

While it's been 9 months, at first he was really upset at me, he's forgiven me for it but still hasn't forgotten. What would really make my Christmas is if someone would be able to pick a few leaves for me and mail them to me, even if they're wilted (which they didn't-surprisingly resilient little things) and even if I didn't get them in the near future.

Thank you so much!

Archived