Is it UNESCO that MSC charges you a donation for?

basketballdad

Trying not to get too political here but is it UNESCO that MSC automatically charges your room a donation fee for?

If so you can bet, as an American christian , that is the first and immediate charge I will have removed from my bill, after the United nations totally trashed on the USAs announcement to move our embassy from tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Israel just announced they are stopping their participation in UNESCO.

Thankfully there are so many non political Charities to donate to this Christmas season. I'll take my MSC refund and multiply it greatly and donate to a non United Nationstates charity, thank you very much, if the MSC charity is in fact UNESCO.

Oh OK. Feeling much better about the automatic donation then. Thanks for clearing this up.

Is this real? Oh UNICEF that’s ok then. LOL good thing no actual research was done in the forming of decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much is it?

I do not remember the exact amount, but it is a small amount per person. This is what I found on their FB account:

MSC Cruise is committed to raising awareness among guests on its cruise ships, for example through the informational brochure left in every cabin. Guests are also invited to “get on board for children” and make a difference by offering a small donation. This can be as little as €1 (or $1.50 USD pp), which will be added to the bill at the end of the cruise for extra convenience.

Edited by lifeasme123

I was on the Divina, and they don't automatically charge the room. It's voluntary, and a separate charge.

Could this be due to US vs Europe? On Meravigilia it was on our statement. When I reviewed the statement I had to ask what the charge was. I do not remember what it was called. I need to look for my statement.