Altun Ha and River Wallace excursion through Carnival

ntourtelotte

My family and I did this excursion through carnival and it was quite lovely- even in July-lol. You start out on a bus ( like a school bus) ride to the ruins. It will be a very bumpy ride as a lot of the roads are still dirt/rock. bring bottled water. you can buy drinks at the ruins in the gift shop if you choose, but best to bring water as it gets HOT. Some say to bring bug spray- but we did not need any on our visit. Then we went to eat where you pay for what you order and then off to the River Wallace where you board a boat ( the one we were on was not covered) and it was wonderful seeing manatees, howler monkeys and iguanas. Plus the wind from riding in the boat made it quite pleasant in the heat of the day! My kids really enjoyed it. It did rain on us 1/2 way down the river and thank fully we had some people who had some ponchos that let the kids wear and others use to put their cameras under- so if I could only recommend one thing is bring something to cover anything that can not get wet just in case :) But well worth the cost in my opinion to do the combo- just prepare to spend about $10-$15 per person at the restaurant for the lunch.

• 2 weeks later...