Gluten Free options on Seaside menus and buffets????

mizzoufinal4

Looking forward to see the replies on this. In looking at the menus shared so far I noticed vegetarian, vegan and healthy option clearly noted but nothing clearly noted as gluten free. Given other cruise lines accommodate I can't imagine there would be an accommodation for GF. Fingers crossed......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The head waiter brings a special gluten free menu to your table. Your dinner will probably not arrive at the same time as the rest of the dinners. This applies to the MDR.

At the buffets you have to guess what is gluten free as nothing is labeled. The eggs, cheese, meat and fruits are safe. I did not find any gluten free pastries or bread at the buffets.

When we sailed on the MSC Divina this past summer, I had no problem with gluten free meals and I always got my meals at the same time as my husband's (we were in the YC, but I was told that my food was prepared in an area near the MDR kitchen). Most MSC ships have been certified by the Italian Coeliac Association to prepare gluten free food. I agree with the previous posts, when there is any question just ask. I got better clarification on food on MSC than any other line we have sailed... And they brought me gluten free bread at every meal! Happy cruising!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/On-Board/Dining-Restaurants/Special-Diets.aspx

When we sailed on the MSC Divina this past summer, I had no problem with gluten free meals and I always got my meals at the same time as my husband's (we were in the YC, but I was told that my food was prepared in an area near the MDR kitchen). Most MSC ships have been certified by the Italian Coeliac Association to prepare gluten free food. I agree with the previous posts, when there is any question just ask. I got better clarification on food on MSC than any other line we have sailed... And they brought me gluten free bread at every meal! Happy cruising!

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/On-Board/Dining-Restaurants/Special-Diets.aspx

:D perfect! thanks!

I just sailed on the Seaside, I am gluten free and allergic to many foods. There was no problem in the MDR, they have a special menu with around 4 entrees to choose from and then another part of the menu which is always the same with more options. They also have gluten free bread, most of it is really good but I think they're still working on the recipe for a few. A specific served is assigned to gluten free passengers and you place your order directly with them. They worked very hard to help, especially the server in Seashore MDR in the am. We were a party of two and I don't think our meals ever arrived at the same time but that didn't bother us. We were just happy to have gluten free options.

I did however have a problem in the MDR, nothing is labeled, the cards only say the name of the dish so we stuck mostly to the MDR. The Head Waiter or any of the chefs walking around the buffet will call and ask if certain dishes are gluten free so it's best just to ask early on in your cruise.

I did talk with the Captain about this issue and he was extremely helpful. He is working with his staff to help resolve.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help! I only found out about the allergies 4 days before the cruise and kind of panicked but was mostly happy with the options I had.

Christy

One other thing,, you can mix and match from everything listed on the menu, so if a dish comes with potatoes, you can switch to rice, etc. I had an amazing pasta for lunch in the MDR one day! Another tip - the jelly that is on the breakfast table is not gluten free, they will bring you gluten free jelly.