another gem for grand cayman

seaforadventure

Recently returned from our Western Caribbean cruise. It is our third cruise to the Western Caribbean, and we were glad to return to Grand Cayman. In the past we have enjoyed Stingray City on our first trip, and then the Atlantis Submarine. They were totally different tours to say the least. Our daughter is 9 now and she still talks about the experiences and reads about the sea any chance she gets.

So returning this time, we were looking for something a little different. Being a little savvier we made our arrangements and found a new Kayak/beach break combo that sounded relaxing and took us back out on the water.

A quick rundown. It was a 3 hour tour with a few highlights to mention. We had taken a kayak tour in Key West on our first cruise and found it enjoyable. My wife and daughter took one kayak while I paddled a single. We switched kayaks mid trip so I could paddle with my daughter. There were a number of stops during our paddling for rests and points of interest. I really noticed the quietness of being on the water, away from the hustle and bustle. The kayaks were easy to paddle.

We stopped outside the first general store on the waterfront in Grand Cayman (can’t remember the name) , at a small secluded pool, and next to a shallow wreck from the Bay of Pigs. The real highlight was paddling along 7 mile beach and then going ashore. It was a beautiful stretch of beach and we were able to swim and chill out. We had heard about the beach before from others, but must say it was even nicer than we imagined. Swimming was great here- always amazes me how clear the water can be in the Caribbean.

Other than that, the tour guide did a nice surprise for all of us. At the start of the trip when we gathered for our first point of interest talk the second guide snapped a photo of the group of us in our kayaks with the cruise ships in port behind us.couldn’t believe the blue color(s) of the water with the ships towering in the background.

It was a small group tour which always makes it nice. Located close to the port it allowed us to walk to the launch point. All in all a very relaxing day in Grand Cayman…will post updates on our other ports of call...minus cozumel which we had to skip

:mad: :mad:

:( Instead of moving this post to another part of the board.......couldn't they just copy them to both places..........I think there was nothing wrong with leaving this post on the "Carnival Forum" as well as sharing it on the "Ports of Call" forum.......

We did book through grandcaymancruiseexcursions. I didn't even see it offered on the ship. It was a small group- only 15 of us I think- which made it pleasant and personal. Beach time was about an hour- plenty for lounging. And the water was just like that in the picture- and it was warm too. Last time in Cayman it was a little choppy and didn't look like this!

• 1 year later...

Archived