Seaside Balcony MDR assignment in the Buffet

MantisDiver

I wanted as many people to know about this as possible.

We have a nice high floor Balcony room (10th).

Our assigned MDR is the BUFFET.

Every room with a Bella distinction, your assigned to the buffet.

Obviously would never have made this reservation if we knew this.

You have got to be kidding me, we weren't that excited about the itinerary, but we thought we would have a fancy new ship to enjoy. I guess just not at dinner.

Hey guys, lets get all dressed up and have a glamorous meal in the buffet, no thanks.

Just canceled, ridiculous.

I wanted as many people to know about this as possible.

We have a nice high floor Balcony room (10th).

Our assigned MDR is the BUFFET.

Every room with a Bella distinction, your assigned to the buffet.

Obviously would never have made this reservation if we knew this.

You have got to be kidding me, we weren't that excited about the itinerary, but we thought we would have a fancy new ship to enjoy. I guess just not at dinner.

Hey guys, lets get all dressed up and have a glamorous meal in the buffet, no thanks.

Just canceled, ridiculous.

How did u find out ur assigned dinning?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I am confused. We board in two weeks, and while our late dining is confirmed, we do not have an exact dining time or location yet. Are you saying you were CONFIRMED as being sat in the buffet for dinner in March, or just that it could happen?

What I'm saying is MSC has built a boat that is too small for the number of passengers it can carry.

Bella is assigned to the Buffet, unless your sailing is not close to capacity, and I was told this by MSC.

Edited by MantisDiver

Just a reminder....the 8th deck buffet area is set up as a dining room (Table clothes, etc)for dinner and you are served....Don't confuse with thinking its a buffet style for dinner.

Please don't confuse things, no one ever said we were not being served the same dinning room food. This thread is about MDR assignments for Bella cabins.

You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

We heard they set the room up the same as the main dining rooms, what's the big deal? The views are probably much nicer in the buffet than in the dining room!!! When we were on the Divina we had a great table near the aft window beautiful view, but were right next to the serving station(not the nicest view) .

Safe sailing

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Please don't confuse things, no one ever said we were not being served the same dinning room food. This thread is about MDR assignments for Bella cabins.

You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

I'm not confusing things....Alot of people are chiming in...Everybody saying alot of the same things differently....you can expect more confusion when this happens. I'm very much aware of whats happening and have been actively contributing comments for quite awhile on this topic. Suggest you read all the threads before adding your uninformed 2 cents

Personally, I don't really care where I eat dinner, as long as they serve me :) we are on the Seaside march 10 for 2 weeks and am just going with the flow. There is no snow on the ship and it will be much warmer than the -27c today. This will be our 3rd MSC cruise and we have a 4th booked.

Sorry you missed that when you booked. Its hardly kept a secret that its a possibility. That is part of the reason we paid additionally for the Fantastica experience over Bella.

Oh, and welcome to Cruise Critic.

There is NO mention of that possibility on the Australia website ..so if its true then I would say that they would need to let the Australian Passengers know as well ...either way I intend to enjoy my cruise :)

First cruise with MSC here, also got the Bella experience. Dinning service at the buffet will be different to say the least, but I would actually love to have dinner on the outside seating if possible. If not, meh, I don´t care. Still a vacation and will make the most of it :)