Puerto Vallarta Canopy Adventure

dachamps

Has anyone gone on the Canopy Adventure zip lines and not booked it through the cruise ship. Canopy has a website, but I can't tell where to go once we would get to port to book directly with them. I would like to save the $25 pp....but am uncertain if Canopy could be sold out. Sometimes "penny wise is pound foolish". Any thoughts?

We booked with Los Vernos over the internet, actually paid once we arrived. Once off the ship they give you directions to walk out and take a certain color taxi and they drop you off at a PMEX gas station I believe, they have an office right across the street. The cab ride was only a few dollars and the savings compared to the ship excursion was quite a bit. The ship actually uses a different canopy place that didn't sound as fun, and they had very large groups.

Once you make your reservation on the internet (they will help you with what time to book if you tell them which ship (STAR)you are on) they will send you a confirmation with all the directions on how to get to their office and what to wear and bring along with you.

There should me more information available on the ports of call boards about the canopy tour.

:)

The Las Juntas y Veranos canopy tour is better than the one run by Vallarta Adventures - the jungle is prettier, there is a river with waterfalls, and the canopy tour itself is the highest and longest around.

The Vallarta Adventures canopy is sold mostly by cruise ships, which is why there are such large groups. It is run in Nuevo Vallarta where both the Las Juntas y Veranos and El Eden Canopies are south of Puerto Vallarta.

To find the tour website, as well as other information about the tour, you can just Google for "Las Juntas y Veranos". You had trouble because it's spelled Veranos, not Vernos.

just returned from mex riv on the Oosterdam and did the Los Veranos Canopy tour. I cannot recommend this highly enough!! The staff was absolutely outstanding! I'm terrified of heights and really never felt very nervous. The staff seems to be having a lot of fun, they make you feel very safe and confidant, and everybody had a blast! We booked this one instead of the one available through the cruise ship (because of comments on these boards) and I really don't see how any other company could have done a better job!

Our pick up time (at the tour office) was 11:30 I think, and our ship departure was 10pm, but we were back on board around 4-4:30. No problems at all. It's about a 15 minute cab ride from terminal to tour office, then 1/2 hour on the bus. You can take a camera yourself or buy the Dvd that Alfredo makes that day. 40 for the DVD (30 for VHS), and it's ready 1/2 an hour after you're done. Last line ends at the bar/restaurant so it's not like you even have to wait around for the DVD...you're there anyway!

Again...LOVED IT. Would do it again in a heartbeat, and the staff was outstanding.

Archived