Caribbean Princess Category BF Balcony Riviera Deck

NorCal123

Sorry if this is on the wrong board, but gathering opinions for noise, above and below, and hallway traffic for forward balconies on the Riviera deck. Are they covered? Looking at Dec. 9, 2018 10 day Panama Canal. Thanks to all for any help.

Yes, the balconies on Riviera are covered. If the cabin is a BF category forward, then it's under the cabins on the Lido deck, so you shouldn't have any noise from above. The only other thing forward on Riviera deck is the bridge, so you're unlikely to see much hallway traffic. Seems like a fine location to me.

I've never been on the ship, but have been on a lot of other Princess ships. Looking at the deck plans I don't see any problems.

You have cabins above and below you, which tends to be quieter than public spaces. Don't see any reason there would be a lot of traffic. In fact, that far forward, I'd expect very little. There are no nearby large white spaces, which can indicate crew quarters or storage.

Jim

I've never been on the ship, but have been on a lot of other Princess ships. Looking at the deck plans I don't see any problems.

You have cabins above and below you, which tends to be quieter than public spaces. Don't see any reason there would be a lot of traffic. In fact, that far forward, I'd expect very little. There are no nearby large white spaces, which can indicate crew quarters or storage.

Jim

Thanks Jim. That confirms what I was thinking. I have been on several Princess ships, but not this one or this far forward. We are in frugal mode this trip, so that put us in this category ;)

We loved the rear balcony cabin on the Riviera deck. Walk out the back door to the rear pool and up 1 flight to the food court and bar area. Really like that rear pool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We loved the rear balcony cabin on the Riviera deck. Walk out the back door to the rear pool and up 1 flight to the food court and bar area. Really like that rear pool.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for responding. I usually try for a rear balcony, but this trip we are in the forward balcony category.

• 1 month later...
Sorry if this is on the wrong board, but gathering opinions for noise, above and below, and hallway traffic for forward balconies on the Riviera deck. Are they covered? Looking at Dec. 9, 2018 10 day Panama Canal. Thanks to all for any help.

Was on the Dec 2017, Xmas/New Year cruise-14 day Circle Caribbean. Had R338, port side. Room halfway between forward and middle elevators. This room location is underneath the 1st forward swimming pool area.

On balcony, or balcony door open, can hear voices/music from deck above. Inside the room, morning alarm was deck attendants scooting/shoving deck equipment around, this started 05:30-06:00. Up until about 12:00 pm-01:00am, can hear the pitter/patter of folks walking on deck above.

None of it too loud, mind you, but noticeable. Light sleeper? Move as far forward/aft as you can for a room, or book another room on lower deck.