Vegan Options

UniqueJem

Good luck with the Vegan options. I was on the Breeze with a married couple that just started to eat Vegan. For breakfast and lunch it wasn't that much of a problem but for dinner in the MDR they couldn't find a lot to eat. They do have a Vegetarian dish on the menu but it is the same thing every night. Who wants to eat the same meal every night?? Didn't make sense to me. They did tell our waiter about being Vegan and he did try to accommodate them but it was pretty hard. The best meal they had was a pasta dish with vegetables that the chef made just for them. They ordered it another night but it wasn't as good as the first night. Hope you find something to eat and that you enjoy it.

Just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise. My teenaged daughter is vegan. Options were very limited and we were told they don’t offer a vegan menu.

I hate to say this but you will get better options (and treatment) if you say you are a vegetarian with a dairy allergy. Once you use the allergy word they act completely differently and try much harder to meet your needs.

Even their plain pasta comes with butter. It was nearly impossible to get plain pasta without butter in a basic marinara sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

....... They do have a Vegetarian dish on the menu but it is the same thing every night. Who wants to eat the same meal every night?? Didn't make sense to me. ............

The vegetarian options do change daily. There’s an Indian vegetarian meal where the proteins change daily and there’s another option that also changes daily.

OP— talk with the MD when you get onboard. Tell them your requirements, then every night they’ll take the next day’s order. At brunch, you can order a breakfast and a lunch.

I have cruised Carnival as a vegan many times. There are a bunch of vegan offerings BUT you really need to research before you go as things you'd think would be vegan (rice at the Blue Iguana) are not (cooked in butter) and other things (veggie burger at Guy's Burgers) are not listed but are available...and vegan. As mentioned, there's a ton of good information on this board and by searching the InterWebs. :)