What is the difference between cabanas, beach beds, clamshells, bungalows in CocoCay?

franquis

We are sailing on Enchantment OTS in August, and need to find shade in CocoCay. We are a group of 40 people. Nobody seems to have any accurate information about what is available and what it includes... Also how much do they cost?

Finding/reserving any area for 40 people on your own is probably going to be challenging. I wonder if you booked the cruise as a group and if there is a special liaison that can help you?

My understanding is the clamshell/cabinette is for 2 people and ~$50. The beach bed is for up to 4 people (according to the RCL website) and ~$150. The cabana is for 6 people I *think* though it's not specified on the RCL website and more like $229. I have seen these items go on sale for less, I'm sure it depends on the particular sailing.

Go do the RCL website, click "the experience", "shore excursions" and at bottom click search by ports of call, then click on CocoCay. They list what is included for each (ie. towels, floating mats, snorkel gear) but no prices. Probably because it varies depending on the sailing.