Young teen program on Millenium

Niquein99

Hello all. My family and I are considering travelling on the Millenium in December, 2006. We'll be sailing the week before Christmas, on 12/17/2006. I'd like to get your feedback and how you would rate the young teen program on Celebrity. My daughter will be 14 at that time, and we've sailed on the Disney Wonder and RCCL's Jewel of the Seas previously. When we sailed on RCCL's Jewel, admittedly, my daughter went to the teen meeting the first night of the cruise, but she was overwhelmingly BORED with this group. She said the counselors basically had the kids 'hang out' and do their own mingling, which did not mesh well with my daughter. She does much better in organized activities than simply hanging around. So at my insistance, RCCL's counselors allowed my daughter to join the younger age group (she was 12 at the time, and the younger group was 9-11 year olds) and she had a blast with this group the rest of the cruise.

I'm concerned this time around, with her turning 14 next year, they won't allow her to join the younger group and she'll have to stay with the teens this time. Does Celebrity keep the teens busy enough and get them involved in activities? I know the teens are free to come and go as they please, I just want to know how you would rate Celebrity's teen program, for those of you that have sailed on Celebrity and the Millenium with your teens. My daughter can be shy at first, but once she makes friends, she's fine after that. How did your teens enjoy their program? As parents, would you sail Celebrity again with your teens?

I'm also travelling with my then 6-year old son, so any info on the younger kids program would be great too. I'm interested in the Millenium due to her itinerary during that time of year, and I'd like to give Celebrity a try. Any feedback would be most appreciated! Thanks.

Can't say much about the teen program, but I can say that your 6 yr old should find the Millennium kids program to be just fine. We have sailed 5 times on Celebrity with our young kids (they are now 9 and 13). Each time they were enrolled in the kids program and really liked it: organized activities, great facilities (esp Millennium class ships), active/involved counselors, etc. The kids program was instrumental in making our vacation one that the whole family enjoyed.

Archived