Pre-Cruise Hotel in FLL between Amerisuites or Hampton Inn

Family Girl

We are sailing on the Liberty 1/1/06. We will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale on 31st (New Years eve). Right now I have two different reservations. And was looking for advise on which one to go with. We have the Amerisuites 1851 10th Ave. for $59.00 and the Hampton Inn 2301 12th Ave. for $99.00. I wondered if one was more organized and timely with shuttles, or kid friendly, than the other. I was also wondering about cleanliness.

Go with AmeriSuites... They're similar in quality, but the Hampton Inn is not in a very good neighborhood... There's not much to walk to around the Hampton Inn, and it's in a dangerous neighborhood, particularly at night.

AmeriSuites is much closer to both the airport and port, is in a very safe neighborhood, and has dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery, drug & liquor stores as well as the very popular Water Taxi all within safe, easy walking distance.

I should add that if you're looking for a budget hotel, these are great choices (great location, even closer to the action than AmeriSuites, and nicer hotels)...

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center"... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Does anyone know whether we can leave our vehicle their during the cruise? Do they have a shuttle to port?

You can leave your car at AmeriSuites if you stay the night before, but it's an unsecured open lot that anyone can enter. Your car is much safer in the secure covered parking garages at Port Everglades or secured lot at Park 'n Fly... http://www.pnf.com/ftlauderdale/porteverglades.htm

Yes AmeriSuites have a shuttle, but with all shuttles, it's much quicker, easier and less hassle to just grab a taxi. It's only 3 blocks to the port and a taxi would be less than $10.

We just stayed at the Amerisuites and were very pleased with the room and the how clean it was. Had put new carpet down and the van driver took us to the water taxi and picked us up when I called them. Didn't get to try the breakfast since we left the Hotel before 6 A.M. for the airport.

Don

Archived