Post Hurricane visits to Conch Graveyard at Grand Turk

jdkbrim

One of the things my DH and I like to do when we stop in Grand Turk is to walk around to the conch grave yard. When we were there this past May, it was a little trickier to walk there with a lot of debris piled up along the beach south of where the ships dock. We will be stopping in Grand Turk on the Conquest at the end of March. It will be my kids' 1st trip there, and I was wondering if anyone has walked around to the conch grave yard since the Hurricane and could let me know if the walk there had gotten any better or worse and if there are still a bunch of conch, etc. lying around. I know the kids can't take any shells back on the ship with them. If it matters, the kids will be 11, 15, and 17 when we sail.

One of the things my DH and I like to do when we stop in Grand Turk is to walk around to the conch grave yard. When we were there this past May, it was a little trickier to walk there with a lot of debris piled up along the beach south of where the ships dock. We will be stopping in Grand Turk on the Conquest at the end of March. It will be my kids' 1st trip there, and I was wondering if anyone has walked around to the conch grave yard since the Hurricane and could let me know if the walk there had gotten any better or worse and if there are still a bunch of conch, etc. lying around. I know the kids can't take any shells back on the ship with them. If it matters, the kids will be 11, 15, and 17 when we sail.

In another recent post on this very board, a cruiser was able to bring a conch back on board...although others could not. If you find a conch that is empty, has been empty for a long time and doesn't smell, you may be able to bring it on board; Carnival's FAQ states so.

How far is the walk? Anyone done it lately?

I believe the conch graveyard is on the western side of the island and south of the cruise pier. Looking at Google Maps, it's not more than 1,600 feet from the cruise center to the southern tip.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grand+Turk/@21.468088,-71.1748459,11244m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8eb2d454094df585:0xcb03d9c378c4644f!8m2!3d21.4674584!4d-71.1389101

Edited by Pellaz
added humongous map link