"Thriller" boat in Grand Cayman

KDog

Just wanted to mention something fun to do in GC. I didn't see any other threads that talk about it. We were on CCL Triumph last week, not sure what we wanted to do in GC. I spotted this fast looking boat out our cabin window and told my companions "that is what we are going to do!" We wandered in town for awhile, then found a guy on the street near the pier with a sign for the "Thriller". He said usually $50pp, but he would do for $35; we eventually offered $30 and he said OK. If anyone else does this, we suggest going for $25, he will probably take it. It is a new excursion, not available on our ship at the time, when it is it will probably be $80. They take I think up to 50 people in a speedboat with 1000hp out on the water, jumping waves, then stop and tell you a little about the island, more wave jumping, then to Grape Beach? on 7 mile, where you can swim, rent chairs, jet skis, etc. We parked ourselves at their friendly little bar the whole time and ran out of time to swim, oops! The boat is a blast! Really fast, fun, probably not good for people with back problems, though. Sit in back if you want to get wet, but ask for goggles! I was slapped in the face with so much salt water I couldn't open my eyes after awhile, but I was laughing histarically the whole time (mouth full of salt water). This is a good trip for people who like a little excitement. Bring any Chicago Cubs gear you can to the bar, we traded a Cubs hat for about $45 worth of free drinks, the bartender was a fan and apparently you can't find Cubs stuff down there. They then return you to the pier after about 1 and a half hours at the beach. Try to go early if you can, we would have liked more time at the beach, but our ship was leaving. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer!

We really just saw the bright yellow boat cruising by our cabin window when we got into GC in the morning, it clearly had "Thriller" written across it and it looked fun. We had been on "Wild Thing" in St Thomas, which is a little different, mainly because there is a bar, and we had a great time. So when we went into town, we shopped for awhile, then saw a guy with a poster for the "Thriller" and just stopped to ask him about it. We were a group of 4, and it fit all of our personalities. We all like boating, ATVs, snowmobiling, anything fast! They told us that they would even let us drive it, but we didn't have much time, so I think that is why that didn't happen. It is associated with Sea Grape Beach, which has it's own website of the same name.com. It is apparently a brand new thing to do there, and when I looked at the website the info wasn't filled in yet, but there are some pictures.

Archived