Victory Review 12/11 to 12/18

traveling queen

GREAT, GREAT, CRUISE !!!! We had a wonderful time. All of our needs were met or exceeded our expectations.

We have been on a number of cruises and have tried other lines. We will remain a Carnival Cruiser. This was our best cruise ever.

We had an inside cabin on the main deck. We were just below the lounge that held some of the entertainment. It was a little loud one night. We did have some noise in the halls on the first couple of nights. We look at that like everyone is on vacation and takes awhile to calm down. after that we did not notice the noise. Our cabin steward introduced himself to us the very first afternoon. Wonderful young man named Piset. He kept our room spotless and our ice bucket full at all times. They now offer some body wash in the shower that was great. It was a dove product if I remember correctly with cukecumber and tea. Felt wonderful on the skin. The little gift basket in the bathroom also is a plus. Lots of supplies to help you. We did have the comfy bathrobes in our cabin. They were great.

We had the main seating 6:15 in the Atlantic Room. Table 231 I think. George from Romania was our head waiter and Dennis was his assistant. We found those 2 guys to make our dinning experience the BEST! Just for an example, we traveled with my sister in law and her husband (their first cruise) my sister in law was ill the first 2 nights. Dennis offered her tea and a basket of crackers the first night. After that on the second night at her seat was a basket of crackers and her hot tea. George offered to get her anything that would help her feel better. What a team they make. We felt very lucky to have them serve us. We thought the food was the best we have ever had. We try to remember that everyones tastes are different. The ruben sandwich from the deli is by far the best I have ever eaten.

We found that the food selections on the ship offered us the choice of always being able to try something different. Yes, the buffet line were long at times but if the food wasn't good why would there be lines?

We had the chance to meet and speak with a lot of different people and found everyone to be very pleased and happy with their cruise.

Geez, this is turning out to be longer than I wanted it to be.

We enjoyed our ports of call......In San Juan we just got off the ship after dinner and walked around on our own.

St. Martin we rented a car from Arthur's car rental. Arthur was not there when we arrived, we were about 1/2 hour early. A very nice gentleman called Arthur for us and then took us on his own to get our car. Just a short ride from the port. We found Arthur to be a very good value. We drove all around the island. We did try to stop at Dawn Beach but they are building a new hotel and we could not get to the beach. Next stop was Orient beach, that was very nice. The seas were very rough that day so we were not able to snorkel. On Orient beach they offer lockers, showers, chairs, umbrellas and the whole thing along with beverages.

Next stop St Thomas, we have been there before so we were interested in going over to St John for the day. We took a taxi over to Red Hook and got on the ferry. We that got a cab to take us to Trunk Bay. Once again the sea was rough and they told you that before you went into the park. We chose to stay and give it a try. We did snorkel and saw some beautiful fish. We really were very happy that we chose to see St John and will go back in a heart beat.

WOW this is long.

To close this up, I will say like everyone else, this was just our opinion. We always try to relax and enjoy. We did just that.

We had a wonderful time made a few new friends, and would do it all over again.

There you have it. We are leaving in the morning for Arizona for the next few months, I will try to answer any questions if anyone has any. It just might take a few days. Busy today doing laundry and repacking. So as they say on ship. CHOW!

Wow... How could I have ever forgotten how great the cabin extras were! Robes ready in the closet, a basket of goodies in the bathroom, and the beds......... ooooooohhhhhhhhh aaaahhhhhhhh...!

Glenn

We were on the ship also, and this was our best cruise. We have cruised many times. This cruise had to be the best. The food was excellent and so was the service. I loved the stops. We had a balcony with our teenagers and there was plenty of room for all of us. The weather was perfect. St Martin was the best for shopping diamonds. St. Thomas was to American for us. San Juan was ok, not enough time in port. This was our second Victory cruise and will sail on her again. We have cruised several time with RC and Carnival seems to be the best for food.

I cruise that time to..nobody talk about embarkation when we had to stay in our feet for two hours..the crew were very rude and the service in our cabine the worst. The blower was broken, my sheets dirty and the toilet do not work..we had to spend a lot of time waiting for somebody to fix it!!

Over all this was the worst cruise we ever had with Carnival..love Paradise..but she is in another port..far from Florida.

we are sailing on the Victory March 12 and can't wait. This will be our 6 th cruise with Carnival. It is so refreshing to see positive comments instead off the many negative comments that I have seen lately. I think you can find all kind of things that can or do go wrong but I guess your vacation is all in what you make it.

Archived