Waitlisted Your Time Dining just switched

pjhootch

We are cruising in 8 days and I just got an email that our waitlisted dining was “cleared”, so instead of late dining we will have YTD. whew. Not a huge thing in the grand scheme but now I do not have to bother with going to see the maitre d on the first day. I wasn’t expecting to have anything change the week before the cruise. :)

Our's also got switched to YTD. It's a relief not to have to worry about getting it changed on the ship. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forums mobile app

Yes! You have a great cruise too! I booked this cruise very late and haven't had a lot of time to pay attention to details until the last couple of weeks, so I have been in a flurry of booking excursions, hotel, flights, cheers package and a variety of odds and ends in a rather short period of time. It was really nice to have the last thing kind of fall into place without having to think about it again. Note to self. Don't book a cruise only 30 days ahead of time again. :D

Anyone know if it's possible to be wait-listed for early dining and YTD at the same time?

I don't think you can be actually waitlisted for both at the same time, but you can go to the Maitre D on the day of sailing and ask for ANY alternative to late dining. The more flexible you can be, the better the chances of being switched. You can try to email the Maitre D as other posters have mentioned, but I wouldn't have any idea how to do that ahead of time.

Unfortunately, mine did not change. I emailed the maitre’d on Tuesday and got an email back that said they could not change us. I’m going to check again when we get inboard to see if things have changed. We sail tomorrow.

Hopefully you will have some luck tomorrow. There are always quite a few people trying to adjust things on the day of sailing, so keep your fingers crossed.