Escape: Pinchos Tapas and Food Republic - average bill?

lizzy911

I think we will be trying both on our Escape cruise next week and curious how much most people end up spending. I know Food Republic is not on the specialty package and Pincho is an upcharge. For Pincho, we were thinking about paying out of pocket and using the specialty package for other dining.

I can never tell at tapas style places how many plates is "normal." Would you think for a couple with an average appetite $50-60 would be about right? Excluding drinks.

Edited by lizzy911
spelling

The best thing about using a meal credit at Pinchos is that you can tell them to "feed you". While you are perusing the menu, they will bring out a big charcuterie tray to munch on. Then the server just kept bringing us various items from the menu. Sometimes we would order more of something we really liked. It was so much better than having to try to figure out a few items to buy. We will definitely do it this way again on our next Escape sailing. We did this for lunch on a sea day.

I should add that we don't find the specialty restaurants to be any big deal for dinner, so we usually just dine in the MDR.

So you know, we're not huge eaters. As an example, we skip Moderno completely. After 2 meats, we'd turn our card red. That being said, we usually end up at both Pincho's and Food Republic spending $30-35 total the for 2 of us. Most all the items are meant to be shared. We have gotten a couple of servers to get us half meat and half cheese boards at Pincho's which is plenty for an appetizer for us. As a result, using SDP for meals there, given they have the up charge, would be a complete waste for us. If we bought the SDP, it would cost more to buy than meal cost, without the up charge. Just FYI.. you can order some of the appetizers at the Mondavi Wine bar, and someone will bring them over to you.