What time to book shuttle?

Beppevroomvroom

We'll be on the Fantasy in March from Port Canaveral.

I'm booking a shuttle with Cortrans but they need a pick up time (from the ship).

My itinerary lists that we will be back in port at 7.30am. Any ideas what time we will be realistically off the ship and at the shuttle pick up point?

I have the option of 08:00-0815 or 08:45-09:15

We're early risers so will def be up for the sail in anyway :)

I would go for the later time. The ship is usually cleared by Customs for disembarkation by 7:30, but there have been times when the ship's arrival is delayed or there is some delay getting the ship cleared. And once you leave the ship, you still have to retrieve your luggage and go through Customs along with several thousand of your closest personal friends. :cool:

Another vote for the later pick up time unless you are in a rush to make a flight. You just never know how long Customs may tie you up. We've been off the ship and outside the terminal in as little as 20 minutes, and we've stood in line for (no kidding) 3 hours. The usual is in the range of 30-45 minutes at PC.

And if you make it out of the terminal early, you can always call the pick up company's number and let them know that you are ready when they get there. They may not get there earlier, but often they can.

with roaming charges as expensive as they are i shudder at turning on my Canadian cell phone for more than just wifi. So many of the shuttles / car services want you to call them when available, or in this case the suggested answer is call the port and see if they are on a shuttle already.

I'm struggling to find how to get from Art of Animation to PC and then PC to Orlando hotel for flight the next day, without a requirement of a cell.

with roaming charges as expensive as they are i shudder at turning on my Canadian cell phone for more than just wifi. So many of the shuttles / car services want you to call them when available, or in this case the suggested answer is call the port and see if they are on a shuttle already.

I'm struggling to find how to get from Art of Animation to PC and then PC to Orlando hotel for flight the next day, without a requirement of a cell.

Well, you can use DCL transportation for Art of Animation to PC. Cost will be $35 per person. PC to Orlando hotel...it depends on where the hotel is. If you are in the MCO area, you can take DCL transportation back to MCO and the hotel's complimentary shuttle from there. You can rent a car and drive from PC with a drop off at MCO the following morning (rentals are per 24 hours, not per calendar day). If you are using a private shuttle/limo service, tap the nearest teen on the shoulder and ask if they will make the call for you using their cell. You can always use the excuse that yours is dead and would they mind......most people are happy to help. They won't hand you their phone, but they will call for you!

If using private transportation from Art of Animation to PC and need to make a call....make it from your room before check out, from the concierge desk at the hotel, or ask the bellman for assistance. He'll call for you; toss him a small tip.

Thanks all, I’ve booked the later slot :)

They do want a phone call and I’m from the UK so I think I will follow your advice and ask a fellow passenger if they could kindly make the call for me (my roaming is permanently off!).

My phone provider has WiFi calling though, that may work in the terminal??